Guild is hiring a Manager of Tuition Assistance Operations to play a central role in managing a first-of-its-kind tuition payment system, ensuring that our students receive their employers’ tuition benefits in an accurate and timely manner. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team to support the accurate and timely facilitation of tuition payments, identifying and executing on operational improvements and project managing various initiatives across the Tuition Assistance function. This role will have a meaningful impact on the business, students and our employer and university partners given the mission-critical nature of our tuition payment flows.
As Manager of Tuition Assistance Operations, you will:
- Be responsible for leading the Tuition Assistance Operations team in facilitating Tuition Assistance payments across our ecosystem in an accurate and timely manner, while adhering to our SOC-1 and internal controls environment
- Support the team with day-to-day direction, medium-term work prioritization, and longer-term professional development opportunities, all while contributing towards a unique culture of excellence and empathy
- Perform quality assurance checks on data / invoices to ensure student data and billing accuracy while identifying and finding solutions for known issues
- Develop and refine documentation that supports operational activities
- Identify, scope and execute on operational improvements across the Tuition Assistance Operations function
- Lead the team in on-boarding new partners onto Guild’s payment platform and Tuition Assistance operating environment
- Engage with Employer and University partners to support payment facilitation activities
- Partner cross-functionally with other Guild teams to drive improvements in the broader payment system, including informing the technology products that support payment facilitations
- Support with on-going and ad-hoc analyses to inform operational and strategy decisions
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 4-9 years of total experience in similar or related roles, preferably in dynamic cross-functional organizations where attention to detail and adaptability were essential
- Experience in Billing, Finance, Accounting, or other technical operational area(s)
- 3+ years supervisory or management experience preferred
- Comfortability with Microsoft Excel and SalesForce or other CRM strongly preferred
- Exceptionally strong project management skills with the ability to lead multiple work-streams in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- A very high attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong analytical, detailed and process oriented tendencies with the ability to spot opportunities for process improvements to streamline and systematize work-flows
- Comfort collaborating with others - both internally and externally to drive workflows
- A growth mindset with the ability and willingness to learn quickly and develop new skills and abilities as the company grows
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, action oriented mindset to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly changing growth environment
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.