Manager, Salesforce at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Manager, Salesforce to enhance Guild Education’s day-to-day operations across our internal business systems, and to support our employees, staff, and students.
The Manager, Salesforce, will be a driver of efficiency of our Salesforce team by working with administrators, developers, and key stakeholders to keep us aligned and focused on our strategy. You will be responsible for coaching and overseeing the day-to-day activities of a group of Salesforce Developers across multiple Salesforce orgs. This role will have a critical impact on the business and our students by providing input on efficient and scalable operations across our Salesforce team. We’ll look to you to work with the Program Manager, Salesforce to coordinate efforts, knowledge, and timelines, as well as their interdependencies, across projects/squads while keeping in mind the best interests of our Salesforce orgs.
As a Manager, Salesforce you will:
- Be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of a group of Salesforce Developers
- Develop and maintain relationships with our internal clients to ensure long term client satisfaction
- Helping to foster a reputation of credibility across internal teams, ensuring quality data output, and providing training and coaching for the team
- Track ongoing priorities and the team's progress within a sprint to ensure deadlines are hit.
- Ensure that all deployments are accurate and proper required documentation is enforced.
- Provide technical expertise and/or input on high-level solutions
- Facilitate regular status meetings with stakeholders as needed
- Participate in staff recruitment and retention activities (where applicable)
- Manage stakeholder expectations as it pertains to individual team interactions.
- Provide Salesforce guidance and coaching to grow the abilities of your direct reports
- Assist in QA/testing of deliverables prepared by the team before sharing with the end-users
- Working with the Sr. Manager, Salesforce and Business Systems and Program Manager, Salesforce to plan/prioritize the business needs
- Multi-task and practice excellent time management while managing up to 5 direct reports
- Stay up to date with new Salesforce practices and technology that will support the growth and objectives of the Salesforce team
You are a strong fit for this role is you have:
- Passion for higher education and our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- 2-4 years of management experience
- 0-2 years of direct Salesforce management experience
- 5+ years experience using Salesforce.com, Salesforce Certified Advanced Admin/Salesforce Certified Dev II preferred
- Working knowledge of APEX and Salesforce best practices around APEX. Ability to work alongside developers to improve codebase.
- Proven experience leading teams on time-sensitive projects including development, data migration, integration, and change management
- Ability to shift focus and priority quickly with the ability to communicate changes in focus effectively to all impacted teams
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility, multitasking abilities, and a strong attention-to-detail in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a startup or similar environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- A drive to work hard and plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.