Manager, Merchandising at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Manager of Merchandising to lead merchandising operations and solutions across Guild’s Learning Marketplace, a first of it’s kind education marketplace. You will oversee a team of associates and are responsible for growing, maintaining and improving a quickly growing catalog of thousands of academic programs, helping students and employers find the right programs for them.
This role will be focused on building processes and products which enable our learning marketplace to grow while ensuring a high level of program quality for our students and meeting students where they are in their learning journey. We are looking for someone who is exceptional at managing internal teams, complex processes and operations, and is not afraid to “wade in ambiguity” to help drive marketplace delivery at Guild.
As a Manager, Merchandising, you will:
- Build, execute, and operationalize merchandising strategies which improve and scale thousands of programs across Guild’s learning marketplace.
- Lead, grow, and develop a team of Merchandising Associates through performance management and coaching.
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams to ensure the Merchandising team has the right tools to effectively scale, maintain, and improve the catalog.
- Own merchandising processes to onboard Academic Partners and Employer Partners onto the Guild Catalog.
- Develop new strategies, tools, and processes to launch and maintain partners and programs across the catalog with speed, quality, and efficiency.
- Lead merchandising processes for all Academic Partner content to ensure appropriate quality and consistency in the marketplace.
- Partner cross-functionally with Marketplace Delivery, Academic Partnerships, Operations, Technical Program Management, and others to improve processes and ensure we are prioritizing and merchandising the right programs for our students.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 4+ years of experience in operations, marketing, project management, program management or related roles.
- People management experience in a fast-scaling, technology company.
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex, high-impact, and cross-functional projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively through written and verbal means while under pressure.
- Examples of how you’ve successfully taken a data-driven approach to building simple, scalable solutions to complex problems.
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and the ability to keep track of both the high-level progress and the small details.
- Project management skills, with a good understanding of resource management.
- A strong sense of ownership with proven ability to learn new concepts quickly.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range between $85,000 - $103,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including gym/fitness stipend and access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth