Maintenance Technician at AMP Robotics
Maintenance Technician 8.3.21
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our growing team. Your primary responsibility will be maintaining, modifying, and improving all equipment at AMP’s facility in Denver. Additional duties will be to support the scheduling and oversight of all corrective and preventative maintenance for equipment in use on the production floor, managing maintenance equipment and spares inventory. This position requires a hands-on, knowledgeable, highly responsive team player who brings maintenance expertise, creativity, and strong interpersonal skills to the organization. This is cutting edge development in the world of industrial robotics so you should enjoy being experimental, be ready to rapidly iterate, and have the know-how to install/maintain reliable and repeatable systems.
As our Maintenance Technician, you will work to:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all processing and support systems to specifications, including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, hydraulic systems, limit downtime and manage to establish goals.
- Identify and troubleshoot problem areas, provide new ideas and methods.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a preventive maintenance program, and maintain the software package system.
- Develop and maintain a spare parts inventory, based on critical need and part lead time.
- Complete all required maintenance documentation.
- Follow workmanship standards to ensure high-quality work.
- Provide support to all internal production and engineering personnel, as well as external maintenance or equipment vendors.
- Notify the Operations Manager when issues with system maintenance arise.
- Support and follow all safety requirements; maintain a clean and safe work environment. Provide and implement suggestions for improvement
- Manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with managers and other team members concerning progress or problems related to each piece of equipment and/or location.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong technical, hardware or field engineer/technician background with practical experience.
- Highly proficient with common field tools (tap/die, impact drills, grinders, multi-meter, wrenches, welder, etc.).
- Proven welding, electrical, mechanical, and equipment assembly skills.
- Familiarity with mechanical drawings and CAD software (Solidworks).
- Imaginative and open mind for problem solving.
- Personable demeanor for interacting with others.
- Ability to work equally well in a team or solo environment.
- A desire to learn something new everyday, then teach a teammate.
- Extremely resourceful - known as a person who “finds a way to get it done.”
- Demonstrated ability to work long hours in difficult situations (heat, dust, small spaces, tight deadlines, etc.).
- Competency with standard office computer applications.
- Experience with electrical wiring, hydraulic systems, manufacturing techniques, and on-site assembly and installation of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Demonstrated leadership experience (military, field-team lead, small project coordinator).
- Technical training or personal experience with welding, metal work, or other fabrication related skill sets.
- Previous history of completion/documentation of Functional Acceptance Testing (FAT) for system integration projects.
- Proficiency with CAD systems, Reading/interpreting technical drawings. Ability to create/generate a plus.
- Experience with industrial controls (valves, sensors, actuators, control systems).
- Experience with robot firmware - e.g. RAPID, ACE, Ladder Logic.
- A portfolio of past work and ability to show and explain projects.
- Excitement about automation, artificial intelligence, and recycling.
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT REQUIRED
- 5+ years of experience
Location: Denver, CO
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement)
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & Compensation Information: $65,000-95,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).