Logistics SuperPilot II (Logistics Coordinator) (Greater Denver Area, CO)
We are building software which enables businesses to be more economically and environmentally sustainable by digitally transforming the supply chain. We operate in a very fast-paced and nimble environment which is highly focused on a team-first, accomplishment-oriented culture that is passionate about the success of the organization. Our products have been developed by a world-class engineering team that is simplifying complex business problems to a degree where adoption is effortless. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
We are backed by Golden Gate Capital, a Tier 1 private equity firm based in San Francisco, CA. Golden Gate has a diverse portfolio of companies with over $15 billion in committed capital.
About the Role
We are looking for a Logistics SuperPilot to help us bring AI to supply chains in the world’s largest companies. We are a culture-first organization, and work relentlessly to maintain the culture that we’ve built.
To support our mission, the successful candidate will be comfortable managing the supply chain of our customers - commodity procurement and logistics management.
We will also expect you to contribute in thought leadership to support product development and the overall company growth strategy.
- Responsible for all aspects of supply chain and logistics to support customer activity
- Coordinate with customers to ensure efficient and effective delivery of Vorto services including, but not limited to:
- Logistics Management
- Manage and oversee the execution of day-to-day logistics operations
- Source logistics providers to ensure sufficient logistics supply to support planned activity
- Management of logistics exceptions
- Build and maintain logistics provider relationships
- Supply Chain Management
- Manage and oversee the consistent supply and delivery of materials from existing suppliers to customers
- Source and ensure sufficient numbers of suppliers for forecasted business activity while minimizing total delivered cost
- Knowledge of how to take advantage of various commodity markets
- Management of supplier contracts and relationships with a high level of customer service
- Collaborate with customers to evaluate needs and forecast future demand
- Logistics Management
- Immerse yourself in the business & company strategy to understand and support our biggest opportunities for growth
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement
The ideal candidate will have:
- Culture alignment - read the blog!
- 1-3 years experience in Supply Chain / Logistics
- Understanding of service-focused operations teams that support a group of customers whose operations are 24/7/365
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week, rotating day and evening shifts with a week off in between
- High level of curiosity and desire to learn
- Ability to react to dynamic situations and make thoughtful decisions quickly
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
Compensation: $26-27 per hour
At VORTO we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers.
This is a non-exempt hourly role with eligibility for overtime pay.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with matching up to 3.5%
- Company paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company paid parking or transit pass
- Modern office space in downtown Denver with daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- We supply the industry’s best hardware, and like to get folks the productivity tools they request (within reason)
VORTO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.