Lead IT Systems Engineer at Alteryx, Inc.
At Alteryx Inc., we value altering the status quo, boldly stepping into the unknown and uncovering something no one else has ever done before. Our associates couple their strength of character with an innovative analytics platform and have the drive to achieve more than ever thought possible. Blend your will and skill to embrace and solve challenges and we will help you alter everything about your preconceived notions of work. Join the Alteryx team to break barriers and experience the thrill of solving.
To support our rapid growth and enable our 1200+ associates worldwide, Alteryx is adding a Systems Team Lead to its IT team. As a Systems Team Lead you would spearhead the planning, configuration, and implementation of best-in-class IT services to support and enable the growth of all our associates.
- Zealously promotes our 'Customer Centric' approach: 'working to be a part of our customer’s solutions.'
- System design, planning, implementation, and tuning with a focus on Virtualization.
- Identify opportunities for automation and create scripts
- Upgrades systems by coordinating with vendors, developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
- Create and maintain quality documentation to assist fellow IT staff with supporting end users.
- Create and maintain quality documentation to assist end users with common tasks.
- Create and deliver training to IT staff and/or end users on new or existing features to boost productivity and streamline the business.
- Provide Linux and Windows server installation, administration, and maintenance as needed
- Enable fellow IT staff through training, documentation and mentorship.
- Support 24x7 operations environment with up to 10% travel (ability to support Some off-hours, weekends, and holidays as needed).
- Participation in on call rotation
- Proven leadership skills
- The ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and remain calm under pressure.
- 7+ year’s of Sr Systems admin experience with Microsoft technologies and Linux/Unix technologies.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of installing, configuration, and managing VMWare vSphere, VMWare ESXi and vCenter.
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with PowerShell for both administration and complex automation tasks
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Prior experience working with developers, DBA’s, and/or Network Engineers to resolve bugs and performance problems
- A strong desire to work with new and upcoming technologies
- Demonstrated Customer Service & Troubleshooting skills
- Deep knowledge in Virtualization technologies & Backup Technologies
- Desired Scripting & Automation Language Knowledge: Terraform, Ruby, PowerShell, Chef, & Puppet.
- Experience with Virtualization, Containerization, and Cloud Technologies a plus
- VMWare Certifications a plus