IT Trainer/Documentation Analyst at KG Lewis
About KG Lewis
KG Lewis is built on 18 successful years of helping businesses of all kinds navigate change, challenge, and transformation. Our consultants are pros in agile project delivery, program offices, post M&A integration, and a wide range of technology disciplines. When our customers can’t afford to fail, we’re at our best.
Cultural impact. Business impact. Career impact. What unites our diverse team of professionals is a passion for constant learning, solving problems, transforming businesses, and making the world a better place inside and outside the office. If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
KG Lewis offers a great benefits package as well as a culture that supports continuous learning and career development. We offer all of our employees access to industry-leading training platforms and technology-focused research tools to help them personally and professionally in their careers.
IT Trainer/Documentation Analyst
KG Lewis is seeking an experienced IT Trainer/Documentation Analyst to deliver training to end users in the organization on the use of various software applications efficiently and effectively in support of business objectives. This individual is responsible for designing, delivering, and improving in-house software applications training programs and related courseware. The trainer will play a vital role in creating long-term healthy customer relationships.
- Coordinate with department heads and IT to assess departmental training needs and objectives.
- Create, administer, analyze, and report on end user needs assessments and skills assessments.
- Develop and coordinate an overall software applications training curriculum for end users of all levels.
- Assess, recommend, and purchase courseware packages, and support development of appropriate courseware tools.
- Conduct research into computer-based training products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
- Design, develop, and deliver software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Present instructor-led training sessions.
- Develop and deliver new courses for new and existing software applications, including all course materials, exercises, and skills evaluations.
- Review training materials and documentation and keep them up to date.
- Create and communicate training schedules in consultation with departmental decision makers.
- Establish and maintain a database to track training participants’ status and results.
- Create and administer training event feedback mechanisms. Analyze results, make recommendations for training improvement, and integrate changes in curriculum and/or courses.
- Work with internal and 3rd party software developers to keep apprised of changes and upcoming developments in in-house software applications.
- Communicate software problems and issues to software development and support teams.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in both commercial and custom-built software products used in the organization.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or education, and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience with staff development and/or human resources management.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of enterprise and desktop applications, including Salesforce, Workday, SharePoint, Office 365
- Proven experience with adult learning principles, methodologies, and course design techniques.
- Knowledge of trends in computer technology relating to software.
- Experience with building and maintaining course and participant databases.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including instructional and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on motivational skills and positive attitude.
- Ability to conduct research into course development and delivery concepts, as well as technical software issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong ability to develop solid working relationships and build trust.
KG Lewis is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is KG Lewis’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for non-U.S. citizens.