IT Systems Engineer - Linux
Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we’re looking for a talented Systems Engineer to join our growing team.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design, build, scale and secure our corporate IT infrastructure with a focus on Linux systems
- Devise ways to leverage our systems to solve problems for Gusties
- Create efficiencies and economies of scale by delivering repeatable, automated solutions
- Maintain security, backup, availability and redundancy strategies
- Document best practices and implementation guides
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years professional experience working in a fast-paced environment with a strong demand on IT infrastructure
- 5+ years working in a Linux environment
- 1+ years experience developing in Python or Ruby
- 1+ years working with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Configuration management with applications such as Apache, NFS, NGINX, PostgreSQL, SSH, and SNMP
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Understands the importance of security and compliance when working with personal data
- Experience working in regulated environments (HIPAA, SOC, PCI)
- Network devices (routers, switches) and network routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, VLANs, 802.1x, etc.)
- Understanding of Windows Active Directory ecosystem including authentication, permissioning, Group Policy, File Services, and public-key infrastructure
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.