IT Support Technician Level 2
Greater Denver Area
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup building Mach-2.2 passenger airliners. Think Concorde but 75% more affordable to fly. Imagine a day trip from New York to London—3h15 each way. Fly to London for a business meeting and be home in time to tuck your children into bed. Boom's first prototype will rollout by summer of 2020.
Boom’s outstanding team comes from places like Amazon, SpaceX, Scaled Composites, and Virgin Galactic. Team members have collectively contributed to 40+ new air and space vehicles, including the Falcon 9, Virgin SpaceShipTwo, and the Joint Strike Fighter.
The company is backed by venture capital firms including Emerson Collective, Y Combinator, Caffeinated Capital, and SV Angel as well as individuals including Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Ron Conway, Michael Marks, and Greg McAdoo.
At Boom, you’ll have world-class colleagues and a flexible work environment. We don’t punch a clock, offer unmetered vacation time, and value our employees’ comprehensive well-being.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
As a key member of the Boom Supersonic IT department, the IT Support Technician will work in close coordination with the IT Team in performing all activities associated with installing, supporting and maintaining a wide range of IT hardware, software and services. This position requires excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills, general networking knowledge, ability to follow directions, and capability to be a self-starter.
- Assist users in resolving computer hardware and software issues
- Ensure quick response times to facilitate maximum uptime for all users and systems
- Configure, deploy, fix, and provide troubleshooting support based on either documented procedures or directive for the following hardware and software: Desktop and Laptop Computers, Printers, Copiers, Plotters, Servers, Network Infrastructure, Telecommunication Systems – wired, wireless and cellular
- General administration functions such as password resets, adds/remove/change permissions on Active Directory and Email Accounts based on established workflows
- Troubleshoot and report network issues to Network Engineer or Supervisor
- Assist users with supported software and hardware with the approach of understanding of technology from a user’s perspective while providing an expert level of support
- Escalate unknown/unsolved issues to appropriate internal or external support resources
- Discuss with users best practices for PC maintenance and performance
- Maintain, track, and control related inventory
- Utilize third party tools to improve support efficiency
- Collaborate with co-workers to share expertise, information and solve problems
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- Four plus years of IT support experience in a corporate environment
- Expert working knowledge of all Microsoft Windows & Office technologies (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 as well as MS Office Productivity Suite)
- Expert working knowledge of Google G Suite, Slack and other hosted business applications
- Experience with the following technologies: Engineering, CAD, FEA, CFD, etc. software licensing, installation, and support, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy, Various Mobile phone support including MDM, Land Line, VoIP, PBX and other telecommunication technologies
- Create a high level of user satisfaction through accurate and timely follow-up & strong technical skills
- Must demonstrate superior organization and time management skills
- Ability to routinely lift 20-25 lbs and occasionally lift and move 50+ lbs
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in supporting an Engineering and Manufacturing environment is a plus
- A+, Net+, MSCA, and other IT related certificates are a plus
- High School or equivalent required
- Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description