IT Operations Engineer (Remote) at Guild Education
This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring an IT Operations Engineer to aid in supporting our growing employee base.
As an IT Operations Engineer, you’ll be a member of the IT Operations team which manages IT infrastructure, automation, and internal technology at Guild Education. You will assist the team with maintaining the identity and access management systems, corporate networks, endpoint management systems, SaaS platforms, and in completing other technical projects.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product, and other Guild teams to plan, test, and release company-wide technical solutions
- Package, test, deploy software and manage endpoint policies with JAMF Pro and Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Manage the corporate email system and other core communication apps including Slack and Zoom
- Oversee identity and access management in Guild’s directory and SaaS tools
- Monitor and maintain Guild’s corporate networks
- Create team-specific and end user documentation for IT systems and infrastructure
- Provide escalated technical support to Help Desk team
Characteristics of Our Ideal Candidate:
- Extensive macOS and Windows enterprise management and troubleshooting knowledge
- Expertise with cloud identity provider (IdP) identity management, especially via Okta
- Background in SSO, SAML, and SaaS integration management
- Proficient in scripting, API tools, and other IT automation workflows
- Clear and concise communicator who is comfortable with face to face, video, and written communication
- Demonstrated background in ITIL, change management, and security compliance frameworks
- 3 years of experience as a site or account-level administrator for enterprise macOS endpoints in Jamf Pro
- 3 years of experience managing Windows systems via Microsoft Endpoint Manager and Azure AD
- Admin experience in Google Workspace
- Identity management via Okta or another cloud-based IdP
- Enterprise network management, especially via Cisco Meraki
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $85,000 - $115,000 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.]