IT Network Engineer
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Gusto is looking for an experienced network engineer to help operate Gusto’s corporate networks. You will be focusing on our day to day operations, partnering closely with our security team, and building out new office spaces. This role will have a heavy emphasis on creating delightful user experiences through the technology we provide to keep Gusties productive.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Put on your operations hat - be ready to dig in with the support team for troubleshooting and make sure we meet our patch cycles
- Excel in a rapidly evolving environment, adapt quickly to new information, and reprioritize as needed
- Develop and maintain consistency within the networking infrastructure
- Deploy new network and tooling focusing on route/switch
- Manage vendor relationships and drive deadlines
- NMS configuration, validation, and operation
- Partner with security to triage security events, assist with compliance audits, and carry out security/compliance remediations
- Ability to participate in a regular on-call rotation
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years in a network engineering role
- Comfortable with routing and switching
- Protocol knowledge in one or more of the following - OSPF, BGP, MPLS
- Experience in network configuration with one of the following vendors - Arista, Brocade, Cisco, Dell, Juniper
- Operational experience with netflow / jflow / sflow
- Experience with source control systems and version control (git, github, gitlab, bitbucket)
- Network Access Control implementation and associated technology (802.1x, radius, etc)
- Experience writing scripts to carry out operational tasks across multiple devices
- [Bonus] 2+ years operating a wireless environment of 1000+ devices (Cisco, Aruba)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.