IT Manager at DispatchHealth
General Job Description
The Technical Support Manager will leverage their leadership skills and technical savvy to help grow a small support group for a quickly growing company. You will help establish key metrics for the team to ensure quality results, continued growth and drive improvements. To succeed, the manager will need a complete understanding of the technical products used and have exceptional management and problem-solving skills. This position reports directly to the IT Director and is responsible for driving process improvement, directing workflows, working with outside partners, and managing the growth of team members
- Direct and oversee activities associated with providing IT and product-related technical support to internal and external clients by identifying, prioritizing, escalating, and confirming resolutions.
- Establish work procedures and processes that support company and departmental standards, procedures, and strategic directives.
- Provide direction and communication to employees so that calls and tickets are answered in a timely, efficient, and knowledgeable manner.
- Ensure support hours are adequately staffed and employees have appropriate resources to perform their jobs.
- Handle escalated issues as the main escalation point, track and resolve customer concerns; identify trends, and work with the IT team to implement solutions.
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures. Suggest methods to improve department operations, efficiency, and service.
- Build documentation of common problems, solutions, processes and procedures.
- Create and maintain high quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Ensure new hires are adequately on-boarded and trained to succeed.
- Provide statistical and performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each team member and provide coaching to employees regarding work concerns or deficiencies.
- Minimum of 5 years in a support/customer facing role
- Minimum 2 year in a lead/manager position
- Advanced understanding of technology, especially PC, Mac, and iOS devices
- Significant experience with help desk ticketing systems – preferably Jira Service Desk.
- Excellent customer service skills; team oriented
- Ability to work flexible hours and additional hours when needed
- Familiar with HIPAA/NIST/PCI type requirements
- Self-motivated; capable of taking initiative, handling and prioritizing multiple competing assignments and following through to resolution with little assistance
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.