IT Engineer II at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Vertafore is seeking a talented, energetic, and self-driven individual to join our Desktop as a Service (DaaS) support team. You will be responsible for supporting customers that run the Vertafore DaaS offering in Amazon Web Services (AWS). You will also handle more complex issues and support escalations.
You will directly impact our customer's ability to improve productivity, manage account needs, standardize, and streamline processes, as well as capture data for strategic decision-making. You will also be the "face" of Vertafore with our customers.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Support customers infrastructure at Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Support customers email system at Office 365
· Setup and support Microsoft products - Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and Microsoft Office Products
· Configure and maintain Firewalls and VPN connections
· Work with Antivirus solutions
· Willingness to work closely with end-users to troubleshoot cloud, virtual desktop, local hardware, and peripheral devices
· Applies quality control and quality assurance principles
· Demonstrates ability to follow sound business ethics when executing job responsibilities to build and maintain management confidence
· Learns quickly and works well with other members of the team to complete customer projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Amazon Web Services experience: VPC, EC2, Route53, Amazon WorkSpaces
· Office 365 tenant experience: Setup, support, administration, migrations, and maintenance
· Microsoft: Windows 10, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, Office products
· Firewall experience: Cisco ASA and Fortinet FortiGate
· Wireless experience: General wireless knowledge
· Experience with Microsoft server operating systems and services, including Active Directory, File and Print, IIS, SQL, WSUS, permissions, and security a plus
· Experience with Powershell, login scripts, batch and cmd scripts a plus
· Experience with enterprise backup and disaster recovery technology and methodology
- Experience supporting customers thru a variety of contact channels including chat, email and phone
· Exceptional interpersonal and customer support experience required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong self-starting attitude
· Strong technical skills
· Bachelor's Degree in CS/IT or equivalent work experience
· AWS Certified SysOps Administrator or equivalent work experience
· Network Plus certification or equivalent work experience
· 2 – 4 years of related technical experience
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)*
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.