IT Engineer I at Vertafore
Vertafore is seeking a talented, energetic and self-driven individual to join our IT support team. Our IT Engineers are responsible for Windows-based administration, system maintenance, helping employees with workstation problems, and providing expertise to keep servers and network running at Vertafore sites.
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Entry-level growth opportunity as the primary point of contact for End-User and Desktop Support.
- Provide first point of contact support for end user laptops and desktops
- Provide technical support via phone, remote desktop, and in person.
- Perform scheduled software and hardware installations to workstations.
- Install and configure Operating Systems for various platforms, including Windows 10 and MacOS.
- Collaborate with end-users to resolve application, phone, printer, or computer problems in real time.
- Escalates complex issues to senior Help Desk team
- Assist and engage with senior Help Desk team and escalate as necessary.
- Technologies supported will include: Office365, Microsoft Office,Printers/Copiers, Windows 10, MacOS, InTune, LAN, and IP Telephony.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Up to 3 years of experience in related field
- Associate degree or greater in related field, or relevant industry experience preferred
- Ability to research and troubleshoot technology problems
- Demonstrated skills to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Customer service experience preferred
- Candidate must be capable of lifting and/or carrying up to 30 lbs. and the pushing and pulling of carts if necessary.
- Able to learn and work with service ticketing system.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to communicate in a manner for non
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)*
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.