Infrastructure Team Lead at Alteryx
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx is searching for a Infrastructure Team Lead based in our Broomfield, CO office. This position requires being in the office at certain times, so local-remote/hybrid schedule is okay.
To support our rapid growth and enable our 1800+ associates worldwide, Alteryx is adding a Systems Team Lead to its IT team. As a Systems Team Lead you would spearhead the planning, configuration, and implementation of best-in-class IT services to support and enable the growth of all our associates.
- Zealously promotes our 'Customer Centric' approach: 'working to be a part of our customer’s solutions.'
- Lead Systems design, planning, implementation, and tuning. Upgrade systems by coordinating with vendors, developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Lead research, planning, scoping, and implementation of new infrastructure and support ongoing projects.
- Mentor Systems Team IT professionals to enhance their careers.
- Identify opportunities for automation and lead the development of systems to address those opportunities.
- Provide Linux and Windows server installation, administration, and maintenance as needed.
- Create and maintain detailed and complete system documentation.
- Assist with system monitoring, reviewing logs, and verifying completion of scheduled tasks.
- Support 24x7 operations environment with up to 10% travel (ability to support off-hours, weekends, and holidays as needed).
- Participation in on call rotation
- Proven leadership skills
- Manage of direct reports, including people development (coaching, mentoring and skill development) and performance management.
- The ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and remain calm under pressure.
- 7+ Years of Sr. Systems admin experience including Microsoft technologies, Linux/Unix technologies.
- 7+ Years of VMWare experience including the following.
- Host Installation, Updates, Upgrades and Retirement
- Host CLI experience
- Creation, implementation, maintenance, and removal of Guest Templates
- Provisioning appropriate resources to Guests
- Distributed Resource Scheduler
- Load Balancing
- vMotion/Migrating VMs
- Host Profiles
- 5+ Years of Backup and DR Experience.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SQL, NFS, SVN, and Git.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on multiple overlapping projects.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Prior experience working with developers, DBA’s, and/or Network Engineers to resolve bugs and performance problems.
- A strong desire to work with new and upcoming technologies.
- Demonstrated Customer Service & Troubleshooting skills
- Desired Scripting & Automation Language Knowledge: PowerShell, Python, Ansible, Chef, and Puppet.
- Experience with Containerization and Cloud Technologies a plus
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, CO is $95-140k. This position is also hybrid/remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
- This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.