Information Security Business Partner (ISBP) at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At DISH, our technology teams challenge the status quo and reimagine capabilities across industries. Whether through research and development, technology innovation or solution engineering, our people play vital roles in connecting consumers with the products and platforms of tomorrow.
DISH Network has an exciting opportunity for an Information Security Business Partner (ISBP) at our various DISH Technologies locations. The ISBP is a key part of our Information Security and Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) teams. This position is full-time, permanent, and salaried with standard work hours, has no supervisory duties, and requires some travel. We are looking for someone who can start immediately.
The Information Security Business Partner will function as a central Information Security subject matter expert supporting the DISH Technologies teams. They will provide cyber security advice to business partners to effectively manage risk to the business and will validate that security and technology controls are implemented to support business and security requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities of the Information Security Business Partner include the following:
- Partner with Business Units to identify, analyze and mitigate security risk associated with activities executed throughout the DISH Tech business.
- Provide security consultation for new and ongoing enterprise initiatives.
- Consult on defining security policies and best practices.
- Educate and build awareness of security requirements.
- Improve compliance with security standards and policies across enterprise teams.
- Participate in testing and monitoring of security and privacy controls executed by DISH Tech.
- Lead security enhancement projects focused on new or changing technologies.
- Publish executive-level security reporting across governance, risk, and compliance activities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Project Management
- Self-led Learner
- Customer First Mentality
- Strong Adaptability
- Process Documentation Management
- Process Mapping Development
- Presentation Skills
- Compliance + Risk Mindset
- Communication w Executives
- Team Mentorship
- Can Interpret Regulations and Compliance Requirements
- Thought Leadership
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Strategic Thinking and Planning (Team)
- Brand & Team Ambassador
- Solid Risk Management Foundation
- Solid Information Security Foundation
- Solid Security Control Framework Foundation
- General Data Privacy Foundation
- Can Teach/Educate Risk & InfoSec Principles
- Can Consult Business on Risk and InfoSec Principles
- Requires a well-organized, cheerful and persuasive individual, who can manage multiple priorities at once.
- Must have good meeting management and communication skills to keep conversations focused and productive.
- Must be self-driven; able to manage schedules, meet deadlines, coordinate with others, and perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse audience, under tight deadlines, and negotiate successful outcomes to challenging problems.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Analytical aptitude with an emphasis on investigative, methodical critical questioning and logical thinking; a data-driven decision maker.
- Strong understanding of mitigation methodologies and our responsibility as a company to adhere to regulatory requirements pertaining to information security, privacy and/or data security.
- Experience leading through others and rolling out new security controls or programs
- Solid working knowledge of information security concepts and controls.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to work within deadlines, juggle multiple priorities, design project plans, and provide project updates.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or supervision.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to ask questions, escalate roadblocks early, and interact effectively at multiple levels in the organization.
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to correct on the fly and work independently.
- Solid interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and at least 5-8 years of directly related experience.
- Must have a solid understanding of SOX, PCI, CPNI, CCPA, FACTA, ITAR, EAR and similar IT Compliance and Privacy regulations.
- Experience with NIST, ISO and other industry standards.
- Expert user of Microsoft/Google Suite and an eGRC tool.
- Professional certification (CISSP, CISA, CSIM, CIA or similar) is highly desired. Candidates who apply will be tested in several areas, including verbal/spelling, math/logic and business problem-solving, and must meet minimum standards to be considered for this position.
Compensation: $91,800.00/Year - $124,200.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.