Head of Workplace Operations at Guild Education
The Head of Workplace Operations is a critical member of the Guild team, and will be responsible for ensuring we have a best-in-class workplace environment for our employees.
Specifically, your team will be tasked with ensuring we create a workplace that supports the needs of Guild employees as well as our overall business needs.
As Head of Workplace Operations you will:
- Work cross-functionally and with internal and external resources to proactively build a best-in-class workplace experience that reflects Guild’s culture and values
- Drive continued buildout of our Denver, CO office strategy, including forecasting space needs, understand budgets, developing scenario analysis, and facilitating contract negotiations as well as lead facilities across multiple locations
- Lead, manage, and develop a team (office management, vendors, contractors, etc.) to support ongoing facilities operations
- Create and manage office policies and procedures, prioritizing and aligning culture, safety, security, sustainability, and wellness
- Manage the delivery of facility services including: facility management, security, food services, events, space management, office services and facilities related project management
- Manage facilities’ budget and spending for services, set and ensure service levels are consistently met
In addition to partnering with Bijal Shah, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild team members including Andrea Heap (Office Manager) & Paige Gyurko (Office Coordinator).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Minimum of 7-10+ years relevant work experience ideally with a combination of facilities, operations, and event management at a fast-growing organization
- Strong budgeting and forecasting skills, ability to negotiate lease contracts, and to identity risks or concerns in potential options
- Demonstrate extremely high emotional intelligence and empathy
- People management skills & experience, including hiring, performance management and coaching/mentoring
- A thought leader with a passion for building communities and making workplaces operate seamlessly
- Strong project management skills with excellent attention to detail, great organizational skills, and solid judgment capabilities.
- Familiarity with move and space planning management logistics and tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write department operational/maintenance SOP’s
- Knowledge of OSHA, EH+S, FDA and other standards and regulations
- A positive outlook coupled with the requisite “can do” attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.