Head of Telecommunications Technology at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor joined forces with Angie’s List in September 2017 to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. We connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. We operate 8 locations in 6 cities, handle millions of monthly service requests from homeowners, and work with over 200,000 service professionals in our network. A robust, stable telecommunications platform is vital to the success of our business.
The Head of Telecommunications Technology will be responsible for contact center and telephony solutions. They will drive the transformation of enterprise capability to meet the shifting expectations and growth of our business. This role will work closely with operational leadership to identify their needs, assess their impact, formulate potential alternatives, and architect long term solutions. They will partner with technology leaders to determine technical and operational needs of telephony and contact center solutions, and will report into the SVP of Technical Operations.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ownership of management and positioning of Telephony products, including development and execution of strategic and innovative programs that support customer acquisition/retention, differentiated customer experience, and sales objectives to drive exponential growth:
- Architect and design the future for our sales center using cloud-based solutions (i.e., Architect across inbound, outbound, IVR, etc.)
- Demonstrate deep understanding of customer service domain, architecture and contact center platforms, tools and technologies (use of full suite of products such as Five9, 8x8, cisco telephony, Genesys, InContact, NiCE, speech recognition)
- Demonstrate strong understanding of supporting technologies such as remote and virtual desktop management, VoIP, storage, backup, web, middleware, database, Active Directory, and other technologies needed to operate customer contact centers
- Support engineering teams to develop and apply frameworks, reference architectures, design, development, change management, release management, and QA best practices
- Build relationships with technical leaders and business decision-makers to enhance collaboration, information sharing, decision-making, and influence decisions
- Demonstrate deep understanding of customer service methodologies and best practices for a service organization focusing on contact centers and contact center key metrics
- Excel with evaluation of emerging Contact Center technologies, including presenting new technology ideas to Operational leadership and internal stakeholders
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- 6+ years of formal management and leadership experience within the IT field, preferably within the voice and networking space
- 8 years of experience as a contact center solution architect designing, architecting, and implementing contact center technology at the enterprise level (example: Preferred Avaya, Genesys, NiCE/InContact, Five9, etc.)
- Proven record of business results and in measuring success via KPIs (acquisition, conversion, and ROI)
- Well-versed in strategic planning processes to drive transformation and growth. In doing so, effectively influences leaders on the strategic direction and leads teams to execute on tactical details.
- Work experience with extensive knowledge of voice, messaging, and email contact center technologies including SIP, TDM, CM, Intelligent Call Routing, IVR, Call Routing, WFM, ACD, etc.
- Extensive experience in Contact Center Production Operations, Contact Center Technologies and Contact Center strategies
- Proven strong leadership, performance management and coaching skills to build a high performing team while defining clear accountability and expectations
- Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff, including
- Ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies related to contact centers
- Strong architecture & systems planning skills
- Well versed with multi-channel technologies
- Solid understanding of contact center telephony markets, solutions, contact center designs and personalized IVR experience
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.