Field Installation Technician at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Field Install Technician to focus on leading the controls efforts in our installation of AMP systems. Your primary responsibility will be to plan, coordinate with Project Managers, contractors, and your peer technicians to successfully oversee the installations of all AMP product lines.
As our Field Install Technician, you will work to:
- As per the installation drawings, conduct the installation or equipment replacement;
- Operate and use various types of lifting equipment.
- Install standard and specialized equipment;
- Attach equipment parts and components using bolting, welding and oxy-cutting;
- Weld parts following the assembly.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3 to 5 years experience;
- Technical knowledge in hydraulic, mechanical, electric and control;
- Ability to read plans;
- Be organized, pay attention to details and have a sense of responsibility;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Highly proficient with common field electrical tools.
- Familiarity with electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Imaginative and open mind for problem solving.
- Personable demeanor for interacting with contractors and coworkers.
- Ability to work equally well in a team or solo environment.
- A desire to learn something new everyday, then teach a teammate.
- Extremely resourceful - known as a person who “finds a way to get it done.”
- Available for flexible hours and frequent travel (80%)
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Excitement about robotics, artificial intelligence, and recycling. This is cutting edge development in the world of industrial robotics so you should enjoy being experimental, be ready to rapidly iterate, and have the know-how to install/maintain reliable and repeatable systems.
- Ability to weld in several positions (an asset);
- Competency with standard office computer applications.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color.
- Demonstrated ability to work long hours in difficult situations (heat, dust, small spaces, tight deadlines, etc.).
- 2770 Industrial Lane, Broomfield, CO or located near one of AMP remote locations.
- Travel frequently (up to 80%) to support installs or systems at sites.
- Please note: this role requires travel, and COVID vaccination is required for all roles at AMP that require travel.
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & compensation information: $70-85k depending on experience.
* Airfare, hotel and travel expenses covered, as well as $60 per diem per day.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).