Executive Assistant to the VP of Brand and Demand Marketing
The Executive Assistant to the VP of Brand and Demand Marketing plays a critical part in enhancing productivity for the VP with broad responsibilities working in NetApp’s fast-paced environment. The EA’s focus is to skillfully manage a broad array of projects and tasks while providing administration support to the leader. The role requires independence as well as teamwork, a willingness to pitch in and help, and a positive customer focus. The responsibilities encompass a variety of support areas above and beyond simple general administrative tasks like calendar management, and including the project management of quarterly efforts with metrics and administrative tracking of various programs.
- Provide executive support for the VP of Brand and Demand Marketing and interact on behalf of VP with all levels of employees.
- General administrative responsibilities include calendar management; travel arrangements; coordination of staff meetings and agendas, strategic planning meeting; arrangements/logistics; first line of support for VP staff issues and various delegated functions as needed.
- Provide general support as needed to the VP which includes additions like catering requests; office supplies requests; processing signature and approval requests including PO management; ownership of group distribution lists; and other support duties as requested.
- Participates as a member the corporate admin team. Provide back up support for other admins; participate in regular admin meetings; assist remote admins with set up of local meetings, travel planning, etc.
- Special project work as necessary, including stepping in to assist other teams with business critical activities that are time sensitive in nature. This may include reporting, data entry, or other cross functional responsibilities.
- Handle issues and projects of a confidential nature related to employees, legal matters, and company confidential information by being beyond reproach in all confidential matters
- Coordinate compilation of and prepare presentation materials for internal & external meetings.
- Organize special programs, events, or meetings by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating presenters, and controlling budget.
- Strong interpersonal skills for handling sensitive and confidential situations, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify, acquire, and mange resources as needed inside a growing company.
- Experience and confidence in independent problem resolution and decision making.
- Ability to proactively prioritize across multiple incoming time sensitive tasks, delivering against VP’s expectations utilizing exceptional time management and strong organizational skills.
- Analytical skills in order to gather, organize, summarize, and concisely report complex information.
- Keen attention to detail is required in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to interact with employees of all levels within and outside the company, as well as customers, vendors and visitors.
- Expert knowledge of basic secretarial and office administrative procedures, and use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook.
- This individual interacts primarily with their direct manager and marketing staff on assigned projects, and engages regularly with leaders and employees in other functions across the company, as well as with various partners and vendors externally.
- Utilizes strong communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork; and motivate, coach and guide other team members.
- Little instruction is provided by management on routine work, and general instructions are provided on new projects and assignments.
- Minimum of 8-10 year’s executive administrative experience preferred; prior roles in a VP support function highly desired. AA or Higher Degree, or related courses, preferred.