DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
The Enterprise Architect role will support a variety of business and IT areas. This role will provide significant exposure to multiple organizations within the company and give the chosen candidate the opportunity to drive technological change that will have business wide impact.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving the IT roadmap and facilitating adoption of leading-edge technologies to achieve business benefits in a fast-changing industry.
- Providing direction to development teams in implementing new strategies and technologies.
- Being in front of industry and business changes to provide visionary and relevant insight into future technology opportunities.
- Leading regular architecture governance meetings with team leads to facilitate change and maintain architectural consistency across teams and functions.
- Collaborating with executive stakeholders to understand and implement product vision.
- Creating clear, defensible, and high-quality documentation including diagrams, proposals, and description related to software and cloud architectures.
- Interfacing with vendors and partners to collaborate in developing solutions for key business initiatives.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Enterprise Architect candidate will have:
- Architecture experience in a wide range of areas including mobile & web applications, Data Warehouse and analytics, and high-volume/high-availability architectures.
- Experience developing or designing PCI compliant application architectures.
- Strong communication skills to engage effectively with senior business and IT leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of hands on experience in software development and a minimum of 3 years supporting application and systems architecture.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading technical teams and driving DevOps transformations.
- Recent relevant experience architecting or implementing enterprise scale applications in AWS or other major cloud platforms.