Education Coach (Admissions Advisor)
Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!). Now we’re looking to add an Education Coach (Admissions Advisor) to our team.
The mission of our Education Coaches (ECs) is to:
...guide students as they explore classes, programs and degrees in order to make thoughtful decisions about the next step in their educational journey. ECs are Guild ambassadors and trusted partners who believe in the power of education as they work with students to make transformational life decisions to use their education benefits and advance their professional opportunities.
As a Guild Education Coach, you will:
- Prospect and engage with new student leads on a daily basis by responding to inbound connections and creatively sourcing leads from our existing database
- Nourish relationships by learning about prospective students’ work and educational experience as well as their goals so that you can more effectively help them understand their benefits and paths to education (whether online classes, programs or accredited college degrees)
- Own the outcomes of these initial conversations as key to the students’ paths forward as well as a critical component to Guild’s long term success
- Push to connect with every single possible student from our employer partners - be enthusiastic about achieving or exceeding ambitious goals
- Expertly navigate our internal contact strategy to communicate with students whether by phone, email or text
- Develop and improve your consultative conversation approaches through feedback and call coaching, training programs, and collaboration with team members around best practices and insights
- Support the students throughout the entire application and enrollment process in order to ensure a seamless, productive and positive experience with Guild
- Ensure prospective students have a clear understanding of the skills, technology, and time commitment needed to be a successful student & working adult
- Accurately manage your student pipeline and data in Salesforce
We hope you have:
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust with others quickly on the phone and via email or text
- A data-driven mindset and the ability to use insights from qualitative conversations and quantitative metrics to build stronger relationships and achieve better results
- Experience in admissions, enrollment, consultative sales or recruiting roles and a desire to apply those skills to help working adults pursue education
- A willingness and self-driven motivation to step outside your role and contribute to projects and initiatives in our fast-growing startup environment
- Resilience, openness and an ability to positively respond and adapt to frequent change
- Ability to successfully accomplish goals driven by lead flow as part of a high-performing, metrics-driven team
- A belief in our mission - this role is compensated on base pay, not incentive bonuses
- Great attention to detail, making sure data is entered and accurate
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM
- Bilingual (Spanish) welcome!
Guild Education believes that a diverse and inclusive team will contribute toward our ability to achieve our mission and will dedicate intentional effort to building a team that reflects that belief.