Director, SAP Global GTM at NetApp
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
The Director, SAP Global GTM is responsible for guiding NetApp’s strategic partnership with SAP including the development and execution of GTM efforts related to the SAP ecosystem. Primary responsibilities include ownership of a company-wide SAP strategy and a strong focus on developing initiatives to drive high growth and incremental SAP-related revenue. Leading a team of business development managers and architects, you will actively engage with SAP’s sales and consulting teams, SAP consulting and delivery partners and global sales teams to build sales execution plans for both global and enterprise accounts. Key areas of responsibility include Strategy & Planning, Industry & Account Targeting, Program Management & Delivery, Executive Alignment, Stakeholder Management and identification of key SAP delivery partnerships. You must be a proven leader, a self-starter, results-driven, partner-focused, highly motivated individual experienced at building, developing and leading high-performance teams.
Set the NetApp strategy for growing SAP-related revenue through engagement with SAP delivery partners and global and enterprise direct account teams. Develop and execute plans for engaging with partners to identify opportunities where NetApp products and services create unique value for SAP service offerings. Develop and execute plans for engaging with regional and GEO sales leadership to identify and pursue SAP business within their account base. Review and prioritize business cases across multiple partners to identify offering development opportunities with greatest ROI and likelihood of success. Lead cross-organizational group consisting of partner teams, direct field account managers and solution architects, product engineering teams and corporate/field marketing to develop and document compelling joint value propositions, GTM and sales enablement.
As the senior leader within NetApp for SAP, you will work closely with the Product Business Units, Marketing and Corporate Strategy to develop, coordinate, execute, and evangelize all cross-functional / cross-organizational activities to in order to grow the NetApp share of wallet for SAP opportunities.
Lead cross-functional/cross-organizational teams in completing of the following primary tasks:
• Set the NetApp corporate Go-To-Market and Sales Enablement strategy for SAP-related offerings.
• Identify, qualify, prioritize and ultimately deliver partner-driven SAP offerings containing NetApp products and services.
• Engage with partner SAP alliance teams, practices and delivery teams to gain a deeper, richer understanding of their unique differentiation, their GTM strategy, and ultimately, how they make money from their customer offerings.
• Work closely with NetApp partner team leaders to shape and align offering development pursuits within the overall strategic framework of the partner engagement plans.
• Leverage NetApp Product Business Unit resources to enhance and accelerate offering development activities with key opportunities.
• Influence and co-develop internal business cases for prioritizing new product development.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Must be able to convey ideas and solutions at an Executive level in a clear, positive and concise manner using diplomacy and persuasive selling. Communication skills must include listening, presentation, and “live” demonstration skills. Must be able to develop professional business and technical presentations and deliver them to all levels within an organization. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across large virtual global teams.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business or combination of bachelor’s degree and relevant experience. Master of Business Administration degree is highly desired.
Seven or more years’ experience in product, solution, and/or offering development in the electronics industry. Experience in working with large Global Accounts, Global Transformation Partners and Global Technology Partners is desirable.
• A business degree, or equivalent experience is required. An MBA is desirable.
• 10+ years of experience in Partner / Alliance Management managing ISV partners including experience with a variety of partner types preferred (e.g. ISVs, Global SIs, boutiques and Regional SI’s)..
• Experience in the implementation and/or support of SAP applications. Including change management tools, processes and techniques.
• Knowledge and direct skills related to the infrastructure design, implementation, testing and support of SAP applications.
• Experience in SAP data management and protection, SAP transport (object) management in support of application configuration and testing a must.
• History or understanding of SAP Basis skills, as a consultant or in enterprise support.
• Understanding of sales, marketing, lead generation processes and key performance indicators / value drivers for large ISV organizations.
• Practical experience in supporting the sale and marketing of solutions with ISV partner leads/P&L owners.
• Track record of delivering measurable results, regularly meeting or exceeding targets. Priority given to experience driving influenced revenue or channel sales via partnerships with ISVs.
• Strong executive presence & exceptional communication skills (verbal, written). Ability to rapidly engage a diverse audience of internal / external stakeholders and build consensus.
• Demonstrated ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a collaborative environment. SAP skills/expertise/experience working for SAP directly or with to customer SAP environments.
• Proven experience with positioning and selling SAP service offerings.
• Strong project management skills and ability to work cross-functionally with other development teams and partner organizations is a must.
• Excellent business acumen with a strong ability to map business requirements to technical solutions.
• Compelling communication skills across a wide variety of mediums and situations – including written and verbal communication and in presentations spanning formal and informal, from small to large audience.
• Willingness to travel on as-needed basis globally.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.