SonderMind is seeking to hire a Director of Payor Relations to manage and to expand a best-in-class payor operations department. In this role, you will be responsible for building relationships with payors to ensure SonderMind is a provider of choice. As our ideal candidate, you will have proven experience working with payors; excel at building relationships both internally and externally; and have a strong leadership experience to build and to manage operational teams and processes.
- Account Management: Build a deep list of relationships with national and regional payors. Use a CRM to manage account management activities.
- Contract Negotiation: Secure market access for and optimal reimbursement for SonderMind’s services.
- Team Development: Build a team to support and to improve our relationships with current and prospective payors.
- Cross-Functional Leadership: Work hand-in hand with Programs/Partnerships and Clinical teams to ensure the best and clearest SonderMind value proposition is being brought to the payors.
- Operations: Develop processes to ensure that all contracting records are organized, and that all contracted payors and partners have appropriate agreements in place.
- Proven healthcare experience: You “get healthcare” (you understand how the system works, stakeholder incentives, etc.)
- A relationship builder at heart. Must love building relationships with external partners
- High ability to understand other people; what motivates them; and how to work cooperatively with them.
- Ability to manage time effectively between account management and operation responsibilities
- Past experience making data-driven decisions
- Direct account management experience
- Contracting experience
Nice to Have
- Master’s of Business Administration
- Since we are a Denver-based company; relocation to Denver is a plus.
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- Base Compensation r for this role is $135,000. Actual compensation and title will be commensurate with experience and skills.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.