Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 990 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Director, IT Construction and Procurement
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis is looking for someone who is excited to direct a team in the rollout of a wide array of construction technologies being deployed to support our construction initiatives. This role will lead the new IT Construction and Procurement Business Capability team, a new team being built to support the construction and procurement digital transformation journey. As the Director, you will lead a multi-functional team providing design, evaluation, testing, implementation, and support of new technology solutions relating to all areas of construction and procurement We are looking for a strong, creative and collaborative individual to work with global colleagues and partners across multiple time zones. If you are a construction leader with a technology background, hard-working, and a self-starter who thrives on continual learning in a challenging position, apply now!
What’s needed to do that:
- Work with a diverse set of stakeholders including Construction, Procurement, Operational Excellence, Legal to define Prologis’ digital strategy for technology supporting the construction and procurement functions.
- Lead the implementation of these technologies globally; includes designing, planning, building, deployment, training, documentation, maintenance, change management, and subsequent upgrades.
- Monitor the integrity of these systems, develop a roadmap, support system, and optimize corporate workflows through application development.
- Responsible for ongoing upgrades and enhancements working with vendors, and installing upgrades, as needed.
- Active participation in the maturation process of the Agile model and methodology within the organization.
- Ensure agile teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility, and support the overall capability portfolio management, release management and change management.
- Expected to test the status quo in the construction industry and communicate recommendations for technology advancements.
- Participate and engage in ongoing construction technology development with the business area.
- Liaise with Data and Analytics team to advance future state of construction analytics, cost, schedule, productivity.
- Lead a small team of direct reports: create long-term and short-term goals, coach, mentor and develop.
Tell us if you are ready:
- 10+ years of applied technology experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of construction technology experience.
- The position requires knowledge of the construction industry and technology. Example construction technology: Digital project management (laser scanning, GPS), 2D/3D machine control equipment, VR/AR, PMIS, Virtual Design & Construction.
- Applicable experience in the construction, design, operation, maintenance, and related equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of construction systems related to design, construction, project estimating & financials, scheduling & costing and project management functions; procurement systems related to procure-to-pay, contract lifecycle management, savings tracker.
- Understanding of GCs and delineation of how to prioritize owner/operators concerns over GC concerns.
- Knowledge of construction project management practices and principles; experience with Construction Project Management Information Systems (PMIS), a plus.
- Experience working with Procurement departments and/or Procurement technology, a plus.
- Foundational understanding of data management, stewardship, and operational models.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the ability to distill meaningful and accurate information from potentially ambiguous business descriptions.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- Leads by example and maintains a positive and professional working relationship with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Looking for a director that is driven, self-motivated, and goal-oriented.
- Experience with formal delivery methodologies such as Agile a plus
Hiring Salary Range of: $133,000 - $166,000. Salary and whole compensation package (bonus target) to be determined by the candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time