Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online. More than 40 million consumers and 7+ thousand companies around the globe trust Udemy’s technical & soft skills to close the skills gap. Our customers can choose from an extensive portfolio of 100,000 courses taught by 50,000 expert instructors from over 65 countries. Udemy for Business is a curated solution of business-relevant and technical courses delivered through a simple platform to provide your employees with the most engaging learning experience. Our business is on a growth trajectory that offers fantastic career opportunities.
We are a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other on a daily basis. Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco with offices spread across multiple countries in North America, LATAM, EMEA & APAC.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a world-class leader to head up our Global Renewals team. Taking care of customers and ensuring world-class retention is crucial to B2B SaaS companies, and this role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to own our renewals strategy and develop the infrastructure that will support Udemy for Business as we scale.
Reporting to the VP of Global Customer Success, the Director of Global Renewals will lead a team responsible for ensuring maximum dollar retention of all managed accounts and will define our renewals strategy to drive predictable renewal forecasting on retention and churn rates. At Udemy, renewals are a team sport requiring tight partnership across Sales, Customer Success Management and Renewals Management, and you will be accountable for developing cross-functional renewal processes across customer segments and geos based on a deep understanding of our customers’ goals and Udemy’s evolving business.
- You have deep experience developing renewal strategy and leading renewals teams at high-growth B2B SaaS technology companies.
- You have worked with teams and customers around the world and understand how to hire and conduct business in countries across APAC, EMEA & LATAM.
- You are a strategic thinker who also loves to execute, and you’ve designed and built renewals strategy, processes and systems that have successfully scaled to serve thousands of customers and to support hundreds of millions of dollars of ARR.
- You’ve navigated some of the most complex renewals in the world and can design an Enterprise renewals approach to successfully retain multi-million dollar accounts in the Fortune 100.
- You have designed forecasting processes and have done a stellar job managing large global teams to forecast accurately against revenue targets.
- You have a strong track record of hitting high logo, gross and net retention targets across a diverse book of customers.
- You know how to architect a global renewals team and how to segment customers, manage RM bandwidth, design career paths, and build comp plans to drive an efficient, thriving, high performing team.
- You are an inspiring, high-energy leader who lives for working with people – both your team and customers.
- Your executive presence and strategic mindset enable you to navigate complex renewal negotiations with executives as well and to serve as the escalation point for your team.
- You have a deep understanding of what Customer Success and Renewal excellence looks like, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- You are data driven and analytical. You dig into the details to understand a situation and to identify potential gaps.
- A skilled communicator and collaborator, you are capable of building meaningful internal and external relationships and representing the interests of the Customer Success team effectively.
- You have a growth mindset and are a learner by nature, you push yourself and your teams to improve and develop. You make learning a priority for you people.
What you'll be doing:
- Working under the Global VP of Customer Success, you will lead the design and execution of our global Renewals strategy with an emphasis on scalability.
- Building the infrastructure that enables the Renewals Management team to optimize renewal performance while ensuring our customers have a seamless renewal experience.
- Designing and implementing renewals processes appropriate for Commercial and Enterprise business segments.
- Hiring, coaching and leading a team of Managers as well as Individual Contributors across North America, EMEA and APAC responsible for achieving quarterly and annual retention targets.
- Partnering with Revenue Operations to implement and standardize renewals processes, technology and playbooks
- Ensuring your team coordinates effectively with Customer Success Managers and Account Executives to identify opportunities to up-sell
- Collaborating closely with key internal stakeholders across Customer Success, Sales, Revenue Operations and Finance to reduce renewal risk, develop closing strategies and ensure a smooth customer experience.
- Leading the team through complex renewals, negotiating with customers when necessary.
- Designing our renewals forecasting processes, forecasting effectively against retention targets, and closely managing pipeline with the renewals team.
- Build and maintain a culture which fosters teamwork, collaboration, and continuous learning while maintaining high expectations and a high bar for excellence.
- 7+ Years direct management experience running a Renewals, Sales or Customer Success team for an Enterprise Software Company.
- Direct accountability for renewable business >$100M annually, including navigating contracts of >$1M annually
- 3+ years experience working with customers across LATAM, EMEA & APAC
- Track record of successfully building and scaling renewals strategies across commercial and enterprise segments for hyper growth B2B SaaS companies
- History of building diverse, engaged, high-performing teams
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Gainsight and forecasting technologies
- L&D/HR Tech experience an advantage
Minimum: $150,000 + Bonus + Equity + Benefits
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, telehealth, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays throughout the year; during COVID-19, Udemy also provides roughly one “Wellness Day” per month while working from home.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Adds More than $1 Billion To Its Valuation in New Funding Round
Udemy’s Workplace Learning Tool Just Surpassed $100M in ARR
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description