Director of Compliance at Conga
Our shared values: The Conga Way
A successful candidate will embody the essence of a Conganeer through demonstration of critical behaviors of The Conga Way:
- Embracing an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Achieving Together
- Championing the Customers
The Conga Way is a core element of the Culture and Talent focus at Conga. This philosophy shapes the personality of our organization, defines how we show up every day, and provides clarity about how we work together.
The Director of Compliance plays a key leadership role in Conga’s ability to achieve compliance with regulatory and contractual obligations. The Director of Compliance is accountable for the development, implementation, and management of Conga’s risk-based compliance practice.
You will partner with the head of Security and Compliance and functional leaders throughout Conga to design, enhance, and execute policies, procedures, testing, and controls in order to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and contractual obligation.
You will oversee Compliance personnel who are responsible for conducting internal assessment and testing IT controls to ensure compliance readiness. We will also rely on you to identify and manage opportunities and initiatives to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of governance processes and departmental documentation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for monitoring the compliance program to ensure that risks associated with IT systems and processes are anticipated, recognized, and appropriately managed and mitigated.
- Plays an advisory role in Conga’s Risk Governance Council guiding control owners to ensure that control improvements are appropriately prioritized and are completed in a timely fashion
- Lead ongoing compliance initiatives include performing risk assessment, documenting controls and processes, conducting control testing to ensure the continued effectiveness of Conga’s internal control environment, and its alignment to frameworks such as ISO 27001, PCI, SOC, HIPAA, GDPR, etc.
- Monitors external market conditions and customer requirements and makes strategic audit recommendations to the head of Security and Compliance
- Management and maintenance of compliance documentation including policies, procedures, supplemental materials, and annual documentation reviews
- Leads annual planning and maintenance of risk control matrix for in-scope applications and controls
- Identifying inefficiencies and redundancies in current external audit efforts to reduce required time to support and cost
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant subject areas, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in an audit or compliance capacity.
- People management experience.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one or more compliance frameworks such as ISO 27001, SOC, PCI, HIPAA, etc.
- Knowledge of privacy frameworks such as GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Experience in using GRC tools such as ZenGRC
- Industry experience in the SaaS environment is a plus
- Detailed oriented and proactive with strong project management and communication skills.
- Ability to partner with cross-functional leaders and provide recommendations to optimize processes and solutions.
In the spirit of the Conga Way, we strive to communicate openly about our compensation programs. They’re intended to be competitive, equal, fair and free of any type of discrimination, clear, and easy to understand. So, in keeping with this approach, we’re committed to delivering a generous compensation and benefits package to all colleagues worldwide. The first component of that package is compensation and, generally speaking, base pay is determined by market location for each role. The following information is provided in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The general salary target for this position in Colorado is $ 193,000.00 per year. However, the base salary offered may increase (or decrease) depending on the candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to base salary, Conganeers receive a full range of perks and benefits, including financial, medical, and dental insurance. We also fund an annual bonus program, with payout based upon annual corporate performance and individual performance
Conga is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Conga is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.