Dental Claims Coordinator at OrthoFi
Who We Are
OrthoFi is a Denver-based startup that focuses on building software and service solutions designed to stimulate growth and streamline financial processes for orthodontic practices through rigorous analytics and cutting edge technology. We pride ourselves in our culture as a people-first organization, demonstrated through recent achievements of being ranked in Built in Colorado’s list of Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado. We were also recognized by the Denver Business Journal as one of Denver’s fastest growing companies and ranked 164th on the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the US!
In the OrthoFi community, members are valued for who they are, supported no matter where they are, and motivated to excel personally and professionally. People who join our community are self-starters and love a challenge! We’re looking for passion-driven, dynamic individuals who are excited about a fast-paced and fun environment. As a team, we enjoy the opportunity to make an impact on our customer’s lives and within our team.
How you impact patients and practices
As a Dental Claims Coordinator, you will learn how the dental and orthodontic revenue cycle functions. This role will teach you to execute claim submissions, diagnosing claims statuses, working escalation accounts, and locate missing payments. In this role you will learn the basics of dental insurances, how they work, and how they process and pay on claims. In this role you will learn how to work independently in executing tasks that support a healthy revenue cycle. You will be an Insurance Detective in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Within 1 Month You Will
- Go through OrthoFi Training and get to know the company from a high level view.
- Attend claims training to get to know what you’ll be doing on a day to day basis.
- Get to know our internal system as well as tools like GSuite, Slack, Jira, and PureCloud.
- Learn the basic questions to ask yourself when researching a claim.
- Be provided a step up plan to increase your work efficiently and effectively .
- Have lots of questions and a great team of experienced coordinators to help you out!
Within 2 Months You Will
- Work with other departments within the claims team to better understand your job on a day to day basis.
- Interact with our QA department to understand your progress so far.
- Become more familiar with the practices you work with on a daily basis by reaching out to them directly with messages and having them reach out to you through Jira and/or slack communication.
- Met with your lead for a bi-weekly 1:1 to go over your progress.
- Have fewer questions and a great team of experienced coordinators to help you out!
Within 3 Months You Will
- Be a Claims expert!
- Maintain a high QA score as well as exceeding daily output expectations.
- Bring challenges and successes to weekly meetings with other departments.
- Have a few questions, with a great team of experienced coordinators to help you out and also answer any questions from anyone within their first 30 days!
How you impact patients and practices
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Learn and execute claims submission processes
- Learn and execute claim rejections and denials
- Learn and execute escalation accounts
- Learn and execute missing claim payments
- Learn basic knowledge of insurance carriers
- Learn basic dental, orthodontic, and revenue cycle terminology
- Learn basic differences of dental plans such as DPPO, PPO’s, and DHMO’s
- Learn and be able to navigate OrthoFi Software System
- Knowledge of OrthoFi departments and their functions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to find solutions
- Knowledge and execution of OrthoFi tech systems such as sFax, Adobe, PureCloud, Slack, and JIRA
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Strong judgement and decision making abilities along with analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and active listening
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Documents.
- Have the ability to learn and utilize business related software systems
- Very strong technical aptitude.
- Empathy and compassion for patients
- Ability to self manage and adapt to change quickly
- Great Work-life Balance
- Open and autonomous culture where your ideas are heard
- Flexible Time Off
- Healthcare coverage, including 100% employer paid plans
- Employer HSA contribution
- 401(K) Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- Open and honest leadership
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Casual dress code
- Brand new office
- Work from home and remote capabilities
Your Next Move
Now that you know more about us and are truly excited about working for an amazing company, tell us how you can make an impact at OrthoFi.