You are a database administrator with strong foundations supporting SQL Server in a 24/7 production environment. You are looking for an opportunity to delve deeper into and expand your knowledge of heterogeneous database environments. Webroot is seeking to provide a database administrator with the opportunity to use their current skills and cultivate their desire to grow their expertise. For the motivated database administrator, this is a chance to be part of a Global Database Support team that builds, supports, and maintains infrastructure components in high transactional production and non-production SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle database environments, along with other applications such as SharePoint Tableau and QlikView. This team is talented, tenured and driven, which means that our database administrator will feel invested in having strong mentorship opportunities, formal training and other chances to develop their skills. If you have the desire to grow your technical expertise in database administration, apply today!
In this role you'll support all production and non-production databases with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data. This will include ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of development and production database environments. Our goal is to stabilize the environment and maintain systems with 99.99% uptime. This will involve:
- Supports all production and non-production databases with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of development and production database environments.
- Implement/maintain backup and recovery of database systems, assist in database performance monitoring and tuning of queries.
- Automate and monitor processing of database systems, ETLs, SSIS and data replication.
- Work on Quarterly goals to stabilize the environment and maintain systems with 99.99% uptime.
- Develop and automation of system management tasks.
- Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration.
- Coordinate with and support QA/IT/Development and other stake-holders as appropriate to ensure successful completion of development/infrastructure projects.
- Perform installation, configuration, migration, upgrade and administration of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2/2012/2016 or later, Oracle 11g/12c, Oracle EBS R12 and MySQL servers.
- Top-notch communication and problem-solving skills to build and maintain strong, trusting relationships with non-technical users, as well as with technical peers in software development roles.
- Provide 24/7 On-Call support on a rotational basis.
You will bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field experience.
- 4+ years experience with SQL Server administration in Production environment.
- 3+ years production environment experience with at least one of the following – MySQL, Oracle and Oracle EBS administration.
- Experience with Database performance tuning, SQL tuning, reporting and data analysis.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve DB system issues.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong Windows and Linux operating system skills.
- Ability to write customized scripts using T-SQL stored procedures/scripting languages to monitor server components.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and engage productively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with High Availability solutions – AlwaysOn, LogShipping, Transactional/Merge Replication, Mirroring and Failover Clustering technologies.
- Knowledge of EMC VNX, VMWare technologies and Amazon/Akamai Cloud platform
- Experience in the following technologies/products a plus:
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.