Title of Role: Customer Service Manager
Department: Customer Service
Location: HQ Boulder, CO - Remote
Compensation Range: $55,000-$70,000 annuallyCompany Introduction
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix -- for Lawns!)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors and advisors, and following our Series B raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!
As a company rooted in nature, we deeply understand the benefits of diversity. We work to build a culture that attracts talented people from a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to help us bring lawn care out of the dark ages. We are committed to building an inclusive, vibrant team that brings determination and passion to our work everyday.Job Description
What you’ll be doing:
We want all of our customers to have a consistent, high quality, and personalized service experience. The Customer Service Manager helps the organization achieve that level of service by using creativity, good business judgement, analytics, and interpersonal skills to manage the internal Customer Service team, so that they may successfully fulfill the needs of the Sunday customer.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level of a fast-paced startup, directly impact the company’s trajectory, and be a key contributor to a team that’s changing an industry for the better.
- Maintain expertise and working knowledge of Sunday Customer Service team and Customer Experience operation.
- Live, instill, and reinforce Sunday’s Core Values.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices, standards, tools, and trends for Customer Service.
- Use creativity, good business judgment, and interpersonal skills to proactively identify and successfully fulfill all customer needs.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Handle internal CS team schedule to ensure coverage for omnichannel support.
- Responsible for ensuring individual team members and the entire team meet goals related to customer care activities. Key performance metrics include ticket handles, CSAT, and retention.
- Oversee and manage performance management, employee development and compensation reviews, recommending changes in status and/or salary whenever possible. Hire and train new customer service team members as vital.
- Develop, maintain, and report monthly performance metrics relative to customer service and actively identity opportunities for improvement
- Own all CS tools including CRM, booking tools, etc.
- Collaborate with team leads, QA manager, and training manager to identify opportunities for coaching/training on individual and team bases, and together create those action plans.
- Determine the best structure for disseminating info and disseminate major updates to the team, from other teams.
- Mange administrative duties and functions for outsourced partners.
- Special projects from Manager
- Minimum 3 years experience managing teams of up to 10+.
- Excellent skills in coaching and providing feedback.
- Ability to work under pressure, make decisions and execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and process oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- High degrees of accountability, integrity, and agility.
- Proven track record of positively influencing team environments.
- Weekend coverage and occasional overtime required.
- Prior knowledge or experience in lawns and gardens is not required. We're excited and proud of our new approach to this industry, and thus are looking for talent from a wide range of backgrounds to bring fresh, new perspectives!
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment with little margin for error.
- Ability to contribute and build bonds within a dynamic and diverse team. A demonstrated team first mentality.
- Comfortable working within an often nebulous and rapidly changing environment.
- Willingness to meet challenging deadlines and expectations
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Flexible work environment, remote work available
- Autonomy to make critical decisions that will drive team success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Flexible PTO program
- Access to 401(k) program (direct deposit)
- Location: HQ inBoulder, CO/ This role is Remote/No Preference. Named the best place to live by U.S. News for the past 2 years.
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why! We’re looking forward to hearing from you.