At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
Our purpose in Customer Experience (CX) is to deliver a tailored, beautiful experience for each of our customers through our technical product knowledge, deep care and delight, and unique drive to solve problems. As a Customer Experience Team Leader, you will be a key member of our Americas Customer Experience leadership team and will lead a group of up to 15 Customer Experience Specialists and Seniors who are passionate about providing an exceedingly great experience for both the customer and Xero.
What you'll do
- Help drive performance, customer-centric culture, and an inspiring environment aligned with Xero's Customer Experience Strategy & Business Plan
- Provide outstanding leadership and motivation to the team while driving accountability
- Provide ongoing technical guidance and support to the team, and related business areas
- Define and track leading customer success KPIs and goals that continue to align with our purpose of providing an exceptional customer experience and reflects our mission and values
- Collaborate with the broader CX Leadership Team across the globe with a mindset of continuous processes improvement, innovation, informed decision making, and seamless global communication
- Lead and grow the team while empowering people to act with autonomy
- Foster a culture of feedback that promotes personal and professional growth and development
- Work with the Workforce Analyst and other Team Leaders to make sure the customer queue is effectively managed to ensure timely ticket responses and prioritization as required
- Be the point of escalation when there is an escalated customer needing attention
- Interface with other adjacent teams (ex. - Product Team, Product Engagement Team, Content Team and Incident Management Team) to follow up on bug fixes, advice on messaging, and other Xero performances issues and incidents
- Ensure team is delivering a high quality customer experience through Customer Feedback analysis and Quality Experience review
- Interface with the various Go To Market teams to ensure consistency with support, messaging and approach
- Build and maintain relationships with other leaders to ensure close collaboration and alignment of Customer Experience goals and appropriate resourcing
- Leverage data, analytics and insights on customer behaviour to proactively identify and execute ways to coach the customer to get more value from Xero products and services
Success looks like
- Continuously promote Xero's values - Human, Ownership, Team, Challenge, and Beautiful.
- Serve as the internal go-to person for complex technical solutions and point of escalation for troubleshooting issues
- Ensure all team members are fully trained, motivated and performing at a high level
- Provide team members with clarity around their roles and responsibilities, and ensure feedback is being provided regularly
- Any personnel or customer related issues are managed or escalated accordingly resulting in the effective resolution of the issues.
- Performance and output of the team is of a high-quality standard and aligns with team expectations
- Participate in various leadership and team meetings, and lead regular team meetings for own team to effectively cascade messaging and communicate key business and team updates
- Lead with passion, empathy, integrity, and transparency
What you'll bring with you
- Ability to lead and motivate team members
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- High-level technical, project, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Diligence and commitment to following through and resolving problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to connect individuals to the purpose ("why"), understand and can articulate the vision while strategizing for the future
- Ability to tap into the emotions of your employees; understands how to support their development to become the best version of themselves
- A positive presence that is contagious; possess and promote a "can do" attitude
- Commitment towards driving adaptive performance and promoting behaviors/outcomes in line with CX strategy and a customer-centric mindset
- Effective at tailoring and adjusting communication style to adequately deliver key messaging points
- An ability to take the blame and give out recognition
- Advocate changes and cultivates innovation
- Highly self-aware, conscious of their brand and the leadership shadow they cast
- A natural tendency towards making informed decisions by leveraging data
- Comfortable asking "why" and challenging the status quo
- Values the importance of being a highly connected team/organization and understands the vital role played in making this happen
- Understands the importance of communication rhythms and possesses the ability to effectively cascade messaging (1:1, team meetings, etc.)
- Has an intrinsic desire to lead people, a passion to help others thrive, a desire to put the team's needs before your own
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $65,000 - $81,000, commensurate with experience, plus an annual grant of Xero shares, calculated as a percentage of base salary. In addition to base salary and long-term incentive, this position also has variable compensation/commission.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave up to 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.