Customer Dispute Specialist
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The OnDeck Operations team is a high performing department that delivers a world class loan originations and servicing experience that supports and delights our internal and external customers, and drives responsible company growth. We combine people, processes and technology to deliver outstanding results. From our Operations headquarters in Denver, Colorado our Operations team members have the opportunity to advance their careers “vertically” through their existing Operations group or “horizontally” across Operations and OnDeck more generally. This “vertical” and “horizontal” approach promotes fantastic career growth, particularly when paired with first class training. We seek energetic team members eager to roll up their sleeves and help small businesses achieve their goals
We are a high performing team that delivers a world class loan originations and servicing experience that supports and delights our internal and external customers, and drives responsible company growth.
As a Dispute Resolution Specialist at OnDeck on the Customer Service Team, you will:
- Understand, investigate and resolve customer related concerns including but not limited to payment application, marketing material eligibility, credit bureau reporting disputes and inquiries, Regulator/State official inquiries, and various types of complaints (BBB, AG, FTC, social media, etc.).
- Adhere to Compliance and Regulatory guidelines and achieve Company standards for dispute resolution.
- Ability to analyze and identify issues to ensure that the response appropriately answers all issues in an accurate and professional manner.
- Ensure written communication is professional, grammatically correct, and effective.
- Ensure that all research is detailed, documented, and complete to resolve the customer’s concern the first time.
- Examine and complete full research before requesting any corrections to customer's account and facilitate the completion of any corrections as necessary.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and show initiative to act; look for and share new information as discovered; ask for help when needed.
- Ability to utilize appropriate time management skills to adhere to required response timelines and internal KPIs.
- Ability to be a brand ambassador and be the voice of OnDeck by displaying our core Values and Behaviors.
- Display the appropriate understanding of the industry and Company policies and procedures.
- Display a commitment to provide superior customer service and communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and the management team to provide superior responses to escalated issues.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- You have 2-5 years’ experience in a Customer Support role and have a strong focus on service
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a positive attitude, are team oriented, social, and fun to work with
- You feel empowered to help solve escalated issues. Works towards making a wrong a “right”
- You are technically minded and love keeping up with the latest technology
- You are flexible and adaptable to change
- You are able to multitask at a very high level and maintain multiple deadlines
- You have proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Banking/finance experience is a plus; retail background may be acceptable
- Knowledge and application of compliance & regulatory guidance applicable to banking & lending including but not limited to FCRA, UDAP, Virginia Lending Laws, etc.
- Business writing experience
- Regulatory correspondence experience
- Experience using Salesforce is a plus
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. and a leading online lender in Canada serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by approximately 100,000 small businesses by providing them with financing to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**