Customer Care Representative (Starting at $17/hr+)
Greater Denver Area
We take care of customers from 7am – 7pm MT, including some Saturdays.
Position Requirement: You will need to have at least one year of customer service experience, in a business-to-business environment and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
Join the Denver office of a successful, rapidly growing startup. As a Customer Care Representative, you will use your exceptional communication skills and your passion for working with customers to help us establish Pie as the leading commercial insurance among small business owners. This is not your average Customer Service job, we are a start-up which means we work fast, embrace change and all have a direct and powerful impact on the future of Pie!
How You’ll Do It
You will be a face of Pie with our customers. Your every interaction will define whether our customers’ experience is as easy as Pie.
At this stage in our growth, our processes are constantly changing. Pie’s Customer Care Representative (CCR) role will demand flexibility and the ability to adapt as our processes change. You have a unique opportunity to think outside box and have a strong influence in identifying and implementing process efficiencies and automation.
Whether It’s Right For You
- We need individuals on our team who enjoy having the autonomy to troubleshoot and solve a customer's issue, and have experience doing so.
- You enjoy a fast-paced, high-growth start up environment and are excited about the opportunity for impact.
- Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be flexible and very detailed oriented.
The Day to Day
- Speaking and communicating with our customers to answer questions and creatively solve problems related to their workers' compensation insurance policies.
- Accepting and processing payments as well as issuing new policies.
- Generating and distributing certificates of insurance (COIs) and waivers of insurance.
- Tracking and following up on non-payments to ensure resolution or initiate cancellation.
The Right Stuff
- We Hear You Smiling. You answer the phone with a smile, ready to handle whatever the customer needs. Your focus is on the customer to listen and understand what is being asked.
- Efficient. You can quickly, accurately capture a high volume of information in multiple systems. You can organize and prioritize and ensure that things are taken care of for our customers and for Pie.
- Calm Under Pressure. You are skilled in calmly defusing difficult situations and unhappy customers in service of turning frustration into joy.
- Computer Savvy. You will be required to work in a number of platforms to get things done, as well as be very comfortable working in the MS Office suite.
- Operational Detail. You understand the importance of following a process and checking your work to ensure it is complete and correct. You’re a problem solver and enjoy a challenge!
- Flexible. You embrace change and can manage a level of ambiguity inherent to a growing startup.
- Prior Experience. Prior experience in insurance, credit, lending and/or financial services, and/or working in Hubspot, Insurity and/or Stripe are helpful.
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged—and you know how to collaborate for the best outcome.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate and clear.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
- This is a non-exempt, associate position. You will be joining our team in downtown Denver near LoDo, a short walk from Union Station.
Pie Insurance provides workers’ compensation insurance directly to small businesses online. Offering A.M. Best A rated coverage, Pie leverages data analytics, easy-to-use online features, and a seasoned team of insurance experts to create an insurance model that’s as easy as pie. We began offering insurance policies in 2018 with a mission of helping small businesses experience true savings and an unmatched level of service.
A fast-growing insurtech startup, Pie has home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Our all-star team offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community.
Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description