Employee benefits are tricky. They’re even trickier for employers that don’t have the time to stay up to date on all the changes that happen in this industry. New plans, new rates, and new regulations are just some of the obstacles the small employers face in the benefits landscape. As a founding member of our Renewal team, you will be helping employers navigate these obstacles and help them make important benefits decisions on an annual basis.
Gusto’s Advising team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to elevate the health benefits experience of small business owners and their employees. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day. You will use your pipeline-management skills to streamline benefit administration with insurance carriers, drive operations and communications with third-party partners, and build the health insurance engine that will make benefits with Gusto great.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Advise, retain, and delight our customers during their annual employee benefits renewal period.
- Work directly with customers and health insurance carriers to advise employers on their benefits offering that meet their and their employees’ needs.
- Provide guidance, assistance, and support to customers at key moments in their relationship with Gusto.
- Constantly analyze, refine, and iterate on internal processes to make them simpler and more efficient.
- Be a knowledge partner! Stay up to date on industry trends, benchmarks, and regulations . Educate others on updates related to internal process, external policy, and best practices.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 1-3 years of health insurance or employee benefits sales experience
- Life and Health Producer Licensed
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, and a top-performer with a track record of consistently exceeding quota
- A consummate team player who enjoys wearing multiple hats and inspiring everyone around you to do great work
- A builder who is excited to help shape the foundation for benefit advising team in our Denver office
- Approach problems with a passion for improving customer experience and reducing pain points.
- Articulate: Able to explain complex products in an easy manner.
- Can manage multiple sales cycles simultaneously, beginning to end. Obsessively organized and detail-oriented
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.