Customer Advising at Gusto
Gusto’s Health Benefits Advising team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to elevate the health benefits experience of small business owners and their employees.
Employee benefits are tricky and they’re even trickier for employers that don’t have the time to stay up to date on all the changes that happen in this industry. New plans, new rates, and new regulations are just some of the obstacles the small employers face in the benefits landscape.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. We are fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering businesses to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful. We serve over 60,000 companies nationwide.
As a member of our Health Insurance Benefits Advising Renewals team, you will be helping employers navigate these obstacles and help them make important benefits decisions on an annual basis. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day. You’ll be responsible for guiding our benefit customers through key moments of their customer journey, and utilize your benefit advising expertise to help clients offer the best benefits for their company through the Gusto platform. You’ll also use your pipeline-management skills to streamline benefit administration with insurance carriers, drive operations and communications with third-party partners, and build the health insurance engine that will make benefits with Gusto great.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Consult with customers to understand their business needs
- Advise, delight, and retain our customers during their annual employee benefits renewal period
- Work directly with customers and health insurance carriers to advise employers on the benefits offering that meet their and their employees’ needs
- Provide expertise and guidance to customers at key moments in their relationship with Gusto
- Analyze, refine, and iterate on processes to drive the customer experience and improve our internal efficiency
- Be a knowledge partner - stay up to date on industry trends, benchmarks, and regulations.
- Educate others on updates related to internal process, external policy, and best practices
- 1-3+ years of health insurance advising or employee benefits sales experience
- Life and Health Producer License preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication: you are able to explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- A problem solver who enjoys digging to get to root cause and has a passion for improving customer experience and reducing operational inefficiencies and pain points.
- Obsessively organized and detail-oriented
- Growth mindset - thrives in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, and a top-performer with a track record of consistently exceeding goals
- A team player who enjoys wearing multiple hats and inspiring teammates around you to do great work
- A builder who is excited to help shape the foundation for benefit advising team in our Denver office