Content and Programming Specialist at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish- programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today's contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Content & Programming Operations Specialist will be part of the team tasked with overseeing onboarding of content partners, maintaining relationships, ensuring quality presentation, and supervising day-to-day items related to all linear channels within the SLING app. The Programming Operations team is the primary liaison between all internal/external teams involved in the successful playout of content on our platform, as well as manages all operational changes required to address quality issues, onboard new content, or remove content as necessary. Additionally, you will act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and/or project manager of various programming-related initiatives within the SLING product, including new features and functionality, process improvements, and operational efficiencies.
- Full ownership of assigned functional areas throughout their entire lifecycle including project coordination, consistent communication, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and ongoing Quality Assurance (QA) to ensure quality experiences for all SLING customers
- Ensure all logos, images, and metadata are accurate within the app, and engage with necessary groups to troubleshoot issues and correct errors as needed
- Establish and improve existing workflows to create operational efficiencies
- Foster solid working relationships with internal/external partners and manage expectations appropriately
- Frequent, timely communications to keep business operations running smoothly, and keep all support teams aware of any changes to customer's programming line-ups
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Strong program management skills, including the ability to balance aggressive short-term deliverables and long-term goals while staying focused on sustainable operational initiatives with minimal direct supervision
- Knowledge of program/project management principles and the ability to leverage knowledge of program/project management principles to keep projects on track and all groups informed of progress
- Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management and change management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a wide variety of stakeholders including but not limited to: C-level executives, marketing leads, customer care teams, operations managers, and software development teams
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience with Adobe Photoshop, or Adobe Illustrated preferred, but not required
- Proficient experience (or ability to learn) with: Microsoft Office products, Google Suite products, Adobe
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management; knowledge of digital ad operations, knowledge of ad campaign lifecycles, management, and execution tools pertaining to all digital platforms and across all lines of business; knowledge of agile software project management methodologies and tools such as Agile Central (Rally); a genuine desire and acumen for business process and flows with a resilience to work in an evolving environment
Compensation: $57,400.00/Year - $82,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.