Commodity Specialist III - Cable Assembly at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Commodity Specialist III – Cable Assembly
Our dynamic Supply Chain Management organization is seeking a highly organized, hardworking and self-motivated Commodity Specialist III to support a thriving and growing procurement organization. The ideal candidate will have extensive procurement experience in the Aerospace & Defense (A&D) industry in a manufacturing or Research & Development (R&D) environment. The candidate will have extensive working knowledge of supplier management, FAR / DFAR or NASA procurement regulations, price analysis and target pricing techniques as well as prior experience procuring Custom Fab-to-Print Cable Assemblies.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all activities of supply chain including procurement of moderate to highly complex material orders to support the company plan at optimum cost, quality and delivery.
- Issue POs to suppliers for commodities with and without contract pricing.
- May be required to support PCARD procurements.
- Examine purchase requirements and shortages, obtain quotations, examine bids to negotiate best prices.
- Responsible for multi-sourcing to reduce cost and supply risk for critical commodities with a single source.
- Provide purchasing and expediting support to the company for critical material shortages.
- Manage expedites across commodities and suppliers.
- Review open orders for critical parts on a regular basis to avoid last minute expedite.
- Coordinate supplier representation forms with the external supply base.
- Manage purchase order commitment reconciliation within the required purchase order systems.
- Maintain accurate lead times for assigned commodities and report purchase order supplier commitment due dates and due date changes to the company.
- Lead and attend program and supplier meetings as required.
- Comply with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), ensure adherence to requirements and advise management and compliance organization on needed actions.
- Comply with department Work Instructions, Processes and Policies.
- Create and verify Non-Disclosure Agreements with suppliers as required.
- Manage incoming insurance certifications from suppliers.
- Process electronic shippers to support the shipment of hardware to suppliers as required.
- Manage invoice issues and discrepancies to support company EVA goals.
- Manage RMA and Return to Vendor requirements.
- Work with engineers and suppliers for Part Change Notification and End of Life purchases.
- Work with internal and external customers to obtain data needed for analysis and validate data for accuracy.
- Work with key manufacturers/distributors to support stocking programs for critical commodities.
- Work with engineers and suppliers for alternative manufacturing sources and cost reductions when applicable.
- Participate with supplier scorecard data collection and supplier presentations.
- Manage supplier alliances for commodities including supplier evaluation, contract negotiation and on-going supplier performance and relationship management.
- Create and issue supplier scorecards.
- Share specialized knowledge with others.
- Mentor new employees and co-workers as required.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work assignments for cross-functional or project team responsibilities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Working knowledge of all contract types (Cost, Fixed Price, Incentive) in a government, regulated environment.
- Working knowledge of strategic sourcing techniques.
- Experience in supplier relationship management.
- Demonstrated win-win negotiation skills.
- Highly developed project and relationship management.
- Excellent scheduling and time management skills.
- Willingness to learn various computer systems to support all levels of buying duties required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly developed leadership skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and team building skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Highly developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Skills in coordinating and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Highly developed communication and writing skills.
- Ability to function in a very fast paced environment and ability to adapt to changes.
- Prior experience in the same or similar role at an A&S Prime Contractor (i.e. Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Raytheon, etc.) preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.