Circulation Director – Active Living Group at Pocket Outdoor Media
The Circulation Director oversees all aspects of circulation for the titles of Pocket Outdoor Media. This requires working internally with group General Managers and Publishers to determine an overall strategy that meets their needs as well as working with Fulfillment and Business Managers to determine specific strategies to meet that overall goal. This also includes building and managing budgets to support the ultimate circulation target.
How You Will Make A Difference:
- Prepare, update, and manage budgets, including expense and revenue coding, tracking, and modeling and monthly GL reviews
- Determine overall strategy, update reports and review specific steps to meet that goal with team members, including weekly tracking of progress
- Compile and file necessary data and paperwork for AAM Rapid Report, Publisher’s Statements, and Audit Reports as well as for the annual required Postal Statement of Circulation and any other necessary postal filings for changes such as frequency changes and additional entries
- Set up and manage partnerships with external entities purchasing subscriptions, including AAM compliance and paperwork as well as monitoring list processing and invoice payments
- Design materials or graphics for use in bills, renewals, direct mail, insert cards, and online ads
- Manage special one-time projects such as EPS conversion, vendor updates, etc.
What You Bring
- College degree (BA/BS) in a related field required
- 5+ years experience in Circulation at a publication
- 2+ years experience leading a team
- Ability to analyze vast quantities of data and act based on those results to optimize performance and increase profitability
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time with competing deadlines
- Positive, team-focused attitude
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Familiarity with AAM, USPS and CDS a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.