Care Coordinator at SonderMind
SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you’ll make an impact
SonderMind is hiring Care Coordinators to support a growing volume of urgent-need requests from our clients and providers. Care Coordinators will be responsible for providing excellent service to medical practices, Veterans Affairs partners, and internal departments to connect clients with mental health services. As our ideal candidate, you are empathetic, passionate about and energized by helping others, and you haven proven experience hitting and exceeding performance goals. This team at Sondermind will work cross-functionally to drive care that promotes best-outcomes for our clients.
What you’ll do
- Understand SonderMind’s strengths of service to appropriately connect clients with mental health services and increase the number of clients enrolling in services.
- Work with medical partners to provide seamless transition of care for mutual clients; provide professional, prompt, and empathetic communication to medical partners and clients.
- Handle escalated calls from the Wellness Coordination team. Perform crisis de-escalation and connect clients experiencing emotional distress to appropriate resources for immediate care; conduct follow-up to ensure clients are safe and attend their next scheduled therapy appointment
- Match urgent referrals with therapy services with efficiency and in close alignment with the client’s needs.
- Conduct outreach to referred clients who have not set up their SonderMind accounts and scheduled with a therapist; provide personalized onboarding services and troubleshoot any challenges clients are experiencing.
- Collaborate with internal departments with professionalism and efficiency to move the company forward and offer the highest quality service to clients.
- Actively participate in the evolution of the Care Coordination team and its processes as we continually seek to design, refine, and implement innovative and skilled services for all stakeholders.
- Other duties as required.
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Support or Call Center environment
- Professional experience in de-escalating situations with individuals experiencing emotional distress.
- Ability to work independently and stay motivated to achieve the best outcomes for clients and the company.
- Clear and empathic communicator who can support clients on their mental wellness journey.
- Strong, collaborative nature with a “spirit of yes” who embraces resolution of challenges.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree for an accredited college or university.
- Experience in a start-up or high-growth environment
- An ability to navigate technical systems and complex remote work environments.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
What we value
- Transparency: We say what we mean and mean what we say
- Bucketworthiness: We can be relied upon to not let our bucket leak
- Ownership: We take initiative to act before being asked
- Courage: We move fast, take calculated risks and (sometimes) fail
- Empathy: We treat others with respect and assume their best intentions
- Passion: We loosely hold strong opinions, debate and then commit forcefully
- This role can sit in the following cities: Denver, CO
- Compensation range for this position starts at $18/h. Actual title and compensation are commensurate with experience and skills
- Travel Requirements: None
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy; flexible work-from-home policy (Note: We are currently working remotely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.