Business Systems Analyst at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Integrated Payments Back Office team spans multiple functions and processes that support merchant acquiring and boarding. This is a forward thinking team that continuously seeks improvements and collaborates to deliver quality to support the overall FIS vision and objectives.
What you will be doing
In this role, you will be working with one or more teams supporting them from a technical product aspect. You will work with the development teams and the business to help drive the work priorities throughout the iterations, based on organizational priorities.
• Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
• Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
• Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
• Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and drivers.
• Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
• Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
• Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
• Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
• Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
• Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Ensures changes made by programmers are correct.
• Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
What you bring:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master’s degree desirable.
- Experience as a Business System Analyst
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Agile Experience
- Agile Central / Rally
- Strong communication skills
- Team player and collaborative
- Strategic and creative thinking
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
* The salary range describes the minimum to maximum for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado, $66,740 - $108,790.
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$66,740 - 108,790
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.