Some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring for a Business Operations Manager, Tuition Assistance Operations to support the analysis, design, and implementation of operational processes and priorities for Guild’s Tuition Assistance Payments function, a first-of-its-kind tuition payment platform that ensures our students receive their employers’ tuition benefits in an accurate and timely manner.
In particular, we are looking for someone who can think critically about current processes and systems to recommend and implement process improvements. In addition, this role will document standard practices, define business requirements, propose potential solutions and help solve unique, sophisticated problems. This person will lead the organizational change activities to establish a culture of continuous improvement. We are looking for a teammate who wants to roll up their sleeves, own, advocate and deploy processes designed to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the team, and is interested in documenting and analyzing data and processes to help constantly improve outcomes for all Guild’s partners.
As an Business Operations Manager, Tuition Assistance Operations you will:
- Serve as a Tuition Assistance authority and fully understand processes and workflows and their impact on the overall business, the Tuition Assistance and Payments Operations teams and other the multi-functional teams
- Identify and make recommendations for opportunities related to process and/or operational improvements that increase customer satisfaction, eliminate waste, improve efficiency and effectiveness of internal practices and reduce risk
- Document and maintain the end-to-end tuition invoicing operating flows
- Analyze, identify, and implement potential process, automation and systems enhancements to create efficiencies and reduce resource allocation for routine tasks, procedures, and reports; assist in the completion of projects
- Be responsible for discovery and evaluation of potential changes to our workflows and make recommendations on how to best accommodate these
- Partner with Product, Technology and Payment Leadership teams to prioritize system, process, product and operational improvements
- Standardize work through clear process documentation, knowledge management and training protocols
- Assess and implement strategic changes across the payment lifecycle
- Help create process and program improvements and support the implementation of operational changes for new/existing Partner launches
You are a good fit for this role if you have:
- 5-9 years of total experience in similar or related roles, preferably in dynamic multi-functional organizations where attention to detail and adaptability were critical
- Proven track record leading Business Analysis, Change Management and/or Process Improvement processes in a dynamic, multi-stakeholder, and multi-functional business
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to analyze data to develop, measure, and evolve processes
- Experience in Billing, Finance, Accounting, or other technical operational area(s) preferred
- Experience in a startup, as a consultant or similar fast-paced environment(s) where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Ability to break down sophisticated problems and processes into easy-to-understand parts
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and ability to relay sophisticated topics in an easy-to-understand manner and tailor this to various partners
- Experience using Salesforce, CRM systems, and/or other business tools - Looker is a plus!
- Ability to support a wide variety of projects to improve team processes and outputs
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, modesty, and tact
- Passion for higher education and our mission
- Bias to action - You aim to project completion and are motivated by getting stuff done
- Ability to persuade/influence others
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $85,000 - $103,750 as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.