For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Beehive is a new onsite Early Childhood Education Center that fosters a love of learning, curiosity and a sense of community in the heart of downtown Denver. This is an opportunity to be a part of our inaugural staff in a light filled beautifully designed space with a focus on play-based education year round for infants through pre-k students. The Beehive is a unique work opportunity offering rich professional learning with a diverse group of curious and creative colleagues and a chance to make a difference.
The students of The Beehive are all children of Guild Education Denver employees. We intend for our program to meet not just the bar for licensing, but to exceed higher-quality standards and practices in facility design, teacher ratios, and operations. The Beehive is located in the Republic Plaza’s annex building, adjacent to Guild’s office spaces.
There are many elements of our approach that we will look to our inaugural early childhood team to co-define with us.As an Assistant Teacher you will:
- Join an onsite team in Denver, CO committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day.
- Encourage and foster an inviting, warm and nurturing learning environment.
- Support lead teachers in implementing a play-based general educational curriculum with developmentally appropriate practices to address physical, emotional, social and cognitive needs of children.
- Collaborate with lead teachers to develop positive learning experiences
- Prepare materials for lessons, demonstrations, and bulletin boards
- Use brightwheel classroom software to supervise daily student activities and progress and share with families.
- Attend staff meetings, professional development, and training sessions
- Ensure child safety in the classroom, playground and in common areas.
- A passion for individual children’s development as they learn and grow
- Passion to work with a team of teachers and support staff to enable a high-quality child and family experience every day
- Energy and creativity to be part of the inaugural team of an exciting start-up.
- Flexibility and patience to work in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative new environment
- Nurturing and caring approach to children
- Strong time management and ability to stoop and bend to interact on a child’s level, and stand up to 95% of the day
- High school diploma, some college level courses in Early Childhood Education
- Certification in child first aid and CPR (Guild will train employees if you are not already certified)
- 16 hours of training from Colorado Shines PDIS
- Ability to work onsite in Denver, Colorado
- 1 or more years of experience working with children
- Must pass background check before starting employment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Flexible availability 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout the classroom.
- Must be able to sit and stand on the floor throughout the day, and bend, kneel, or squat to be at eye level with children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. approximately 100 times per day/shift.
- Consistent with its duty to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, The Beehive has adopted a COVID-19 policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees, Beehive families, and visitors from the community. As a prospective and/or a new employee of The Beehive, you will be required to comply with our protocol. As a condition of your employment, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by your first day of work.
At The Beehive we care about our employees and their wellbeing which is why we offer a range of benefits to help support them and their families. Benefits are available to staff members who work 30+ hours/week. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, with an hourly rate of $19-$21 as well as Guild company stock options. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Additional benefits include:
- Access to low cost, high quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (CA & CO) including $0 premium family plans and low copays across all of our plans
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth, Including student loan and tuition assistance programs.
- Paid company holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth (June 18th), 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas
- 2 weeks of accrued vacation and 10 sick days throughout the year
- Family friendly benefits including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer paid short term and long term disability, employer sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Ability to enroll your age appropriate child in The Beehive, pending availability.
- Well rounded wellness benefits including gym/fitness stipend, transportation and parking reimbursement, and access to free/low cost mental health resources and support services.
- And more!
The Beehive is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For questions contact [email protected].
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.