VP Brand Development and Strategy
Ibotta is looking for a VP of Brand Development and Strategy to create a world-class brand vision and be the internal voice of the customer to better inform Ibotta’s marketing strategy. This role will lead our brand strategy and implementation through the use of internal and external data. This is a highly visible role across the organization and is an opportunity to make a lasting impact on the growth and success of Ibotta. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of creating a consumer brand by building a team of great people.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead three critical functions: Content Marketing/Social Media, Influencer Marketing and Public Relations. Additionally, being responsible for synthesizing Customer Insights for driving brand strategy and establishing the importance of Voice of Customer
- Lead and implement a world-class brand strategy from ideation to inception
- Partnering cross-functionally with Creative and User Acquisition/Growth to drive brand awareness
- Lead the strategic oversight of brand initiatives, brand campaigns and customer research programs for our fast-growing consumer-facing brand
- Align key initiatives and act as the internal subject matter expert for the company in understanding our customers, their behavior and motivations
- Analyze statistical research to understand consumer behavior and influences in consumer decisions
- Partner with our internal analytics team (Ibottalytics) and Data Science groups to enrich insights leveraging internal consumer data
- Lead selection of and partnerships with external agencies
- Work with internal stakeholders to deliver effective integrated marketing strategies and tactics
- Provide input and significantly influence the direction of our marketing and competitive strategies
- Monitor retail and consumer trends and determine implications for our business
- Be a thought leader who drives innovative marketing ideas and strategies
What we are looking for:
- 10+ year’s experience in a consumer insights or similar field
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
- Strong leadership of a brand and/or consumer insights team, with an undeniable focus on collaboration
- Deep digital marketing expertise in B2C businesses, is preferred
- Experience leading a team of up to 10 people
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- UX (User Experience) Research experience a plus
- Broad market research experience in the design of complex research projects
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities
- Ability to make independent decisions and strong execution ability in a fast-paced environment
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $250 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 23 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.