UC (Phone/Events) Content Marketer at Zoom Video Communications
Zoom is looking for a marketing content writer to execute the marketing strategy for our unified communications platform, with particular expertise in cloud phone solutions. In this role, you’ll collaborate with colleagues across Zoom’s marketing, product, and engineering teams to produce high-quality content that educates Zoom Phone customers and enhances the user experience.
As part of Zoom’s communications team, you’ll be charged with creating compelling, value-driven content around new features, products, and use cases. Responsibilities will include planning, writing, and editing blog and web content, white papers, data sheets, and video scripts demonstrating the value of Zoom’s communications platform, with a focus on Zoom Phone. You’ll also get to work with our amazing customers to capture and share relevant customer success stories.
This person will also contribute to Zoom’s other marketing content initiatives, including additional Zoom platform solutions, customer announcements, new partnerships, and big company news for a variety of distribution channels.
The ideal candidate is an adept writer with expertise in creatively marketing the value of solutions for a cloud technology organization and translating technical information into engaging content for IT teams, line-of-business leads, and end users. Previous experience in a writing role for a cloud communications company or media agency focused on enterprise communications will set you apart.
- Create blog posts, case studies, emails, infographics, e-books, white papers, data sheets, scripts, and website content clearly demonstrating the value of Zoom’s unified communications platform - with particular focus on Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, and Zoom Video Webinars - and the competitive advantages
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to transform Zoom product details into engaging content for global audiences, from the largest enterprises to the single end user
- Schedule and interview customers, application partners, and other external stakeholders across IT and business job functions to capture use cases and best practices for using the Zoom platform
- Keep up on the latest trends in unified communications
- Execute on ideas from the team, as well as develop your own content ideas
- Edit content created by others such as product managers, product marketing managers, and field marketing leads
- Organize and manage content (Google Docs, Asana, and Guru)
- 5+ years of experience writing about UCaaS, cloud telephony, or other similar SaaS technologies
- Experience in a high-growth SaaS marketing, media, or agency role focused on cloud communications
- Experience writing for B2B audiences
- Ability to convert technical platform information into engaging content accessible for a variety of audiences, including enterprise IT leaders and Zoom end users
- Ability to collaborate and work with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent written American English skills and familiarity with AP Style
- Genuine passion for technology-focused writing and editing, with a desire to create clear content that educates and informs
- Unwavering commitment to accuracy, grammar, and spelling
- Ability to turn around projects quickly
- Bachelor’s degree
- Worked in a writing or content management role at a cloud video, UCaaS, or telephony company (strong preference for B2B and start-up experience)
- Worked as a writer/editor at a tech-focused media agency
- Working knowledge of SEO, WordPress, Guru, and Asana
- A deep, abiding love of the Oxford comma (or willing to fake it)
Nice to have
- Hands-on expertise in video production and graphic design – proficiency with some of the following: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Canva
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
Maximum :$160,560.00 USD
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom’s benefits is here. Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Given Zoom’s status as a federal contractor, we are subject to President Biden’s Executive Order requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for all US employees. As such, Zoom requires all US employees, including remote employees, to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram