Sr. Director Professional Services & Product Delivery (Practice Management Director Senior)
About the Team:
This position serves as the Senior Director of all strategic, managerial and budgetary elements associated with the Business Product Teams. Responsible for managing all resources delivering client projects or other business unit initiatives. The Director will oversee the product team management in support of numerous large programs and projects simultaneously, with the goal directed at achieving specific financial and client satisfaction results for the business unit and FIS. The Director works with reporting Managers and their respective project teams to ensure complete definition of the scope and project deliverables as well as delivery of the SDLC process including impact assessments, business requirements and functional design for handoff to the Technology delivery teams. Acts as advisor to Managers regarding projects, tasks, and operations. The Director provides leadership and takes ownership in the quality, success, and profitability of the business units product implementation, including identification of opportunities for professional services. The Director is critical to the success of the Wealth and Retirement Business, working to support continuous improvement through refined best practices, repeatable processes and standards for the team to follow. The Senior Director will work independently with regards to the development, implementation, and successful completion of a client engagement. The Director will serve on, and work closely with client's Executive Team comprised of the CEO, President, and senior-most leaders across the client's organization.
Responsibilities also include aiding in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financials of contracts. Will be responsible for the development of new business and expanding the product line. The Director ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, develops solutions to program problems, and directs work of resources assigned to program from various departments. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures across implementation and delivery of software solutions. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
This position requires a background in financial services including trust, mutual fund, retirement benefit or other financial industries. This position may require a bachelor's degree or 10+ years of project management / consulting experience preferably in the Financial Services or Software implementation and delivery. The position requires experience in managing personnel, resources, budgets and forecasts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Leadership Oversight: 65%
- Manage the general operations of the W&R product delivery organization.
- Participate in the hiring of and management of resources.
- Manage project risk and communicate with clients to set expectations.
- Work closely with Account Managers, Sales, Development and QA to ensure ultimate project success.
- Support the direct management team in facilitate the progress of the project and control the scope of the project.
- Coach the Professional Services managers and consultants on project scope, management and implementation.
- Support the refinement of the implementation and delivery model leveraging industry best practices to create repeatable processes
- Identify opportunities to accelerate the implementation and delivery process to ensure quicker time to revenue
- Participate in group discussions with customers about the best practices around implementation of the product
- Ensure cross team collaboration to ensure coordination of issue and risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure adequate client support during Go-Live.
- Ensure a successful client transition from Implementation to Support.
Professional Services Reporting: 30%
- Ensure the Omni project schedule is maintained and meets the requirements and availability of both the client and Omni personnel
- Track weekly and monthly forecasts for each project
- Ensure the appropriate level of capacity planning to ensure staffing levels match the need for the team
- Manage budget, forecast, and staffing capacity for the teams.
- Assist with the scheduling of resources needed to manage projects ensure right resource and right role
- Develop and maintain a proven method for managing employee and project success.
- Manage and monitor resource utilization for each project
Personal Development: 5%
- Continued education of new management techniques and methods.
- Continued education of new technology related to product suite.
- 8-10 years Management Experience
- Must be detail oriented, responsible, self-motivated and goal centered
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to positively represent Wealth and Retirement business in client presentations, leadership meetings and executive forums
- Proven self-starter with 10+ years of experience managing software implementation projects
- Familiarity with client-server applications, web-based applications, databases and networking
- Ability to Lead effectively and motivate others to achieve established goals
- Excellent problem resolution, judgment, team building and decision-making skills required
Preferred Education, Work Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree
- Masters of Business Administration a plus
- Should have 10+ work experience in client relationship management/consulting
- 5+ years working in Operations, implementation and project delivery
- 6-8 years project management experience implementing financial services applications/software products
- 5+ years developing budgets, forecasts, resource and capacity plans including recruiting and building high functioning teams
- Background in the Financial Industry
- Travel is required as necessary for the successful completion of duties. Estimated travel is 30%, but at times may requires travel several weeks in a row.
- The duties listed in this document should in no way be construed to be the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.