Senior Manager, Marketing Operations at Checkr (Remote)
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Our revenue operations team is looking for someone to lead our marketing operations function. As the Senior Manager, Marketing Operations, you will partner closely with the marketing organization to determine strategies for growth, streamline processes, and drive operational initiatives forward.
We’re looking for an analytically minded leader who will help us scale marketing programs across all segments (from SMB to Enterprise), channels (from digital inbound to account-based marketing), and go-to-market motions (from partnerships to customer marketing).
The ideal candidate is curious and isn’t afraid of a large data set, can synthesize insights, make recommendations, and most importantly, drive action from it. You don’t just look at the numbers, but you understand the greater business context behind them. This is not your typical campaign execution role or business systems role. Annual planning & budget experience are a must. We’re looking for someone who will have a huge impact - someone focused on driving efficiency through automation and someone who’s laser-focused on what’s going to drive results.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the marketing organization by surfacing key insights, providing recommendations on areas for improvement, and identifying growth levers in order to set strategic direction.
- Build and lead a world-class marketing operations team and maintain the marketing ops roadmap.
- Help solve key challenges, such as attribution, lead routing and follow-up, program automation, data accuracy, funnel analysis, and forecasting for all marketing motions (self-serve, channel and sales-led for both new logo acquisition as well as customer growth).
- Spearhead annual planning - help with budgeting, quarterly/monthly goals and KPIs in order to hit annual plan.
- Work with the analytics team to provide actionable insight for our marketing leaders to drive funnel efficiency and growth.
- Build alignment and drive cross-functional initiatives forward, working across sales, product, customer success, finance, business development, and support.
- Work with the business systems team to design and implement any necessary infrastructure and automation needed to scale the revenue organization.
- Partner closely with the revenue organization and cross functional counterparts to ensure execution against plan and hold teams accountable for what they’ll deliver.
What you bring:
- 8+ years of marketing, operations or analytics experience in a B2B or B2C environment.
- Ability to see the forest from the trees - you focus on the largest impact initiatives and can easily prioritize.
- A proven track record of identifying strategic improvements, advocating for them internally, and implementing them.
- Experience beyond business systems required; annual planning & budgeting experience a must
- Experience across multiple go-to-market motions a plus: enterprise sales/account-based marketing (ABM), ecommerce/growth hacking, customer marketing.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills. Comfort analyzing and visualizing data in excel, Salesforce, and BI tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.). SQL a plus.
- You’re able to tell a story with data that generates buy-in from senior leadership.
- Proficiency in our tool stack - Salesforce required; Marketo, Looker, Outreach a plus.
- A desire to constantly improve and zero patience for inefficiency. You think in terms of scale and build with automation and repeatable processes.
- A deep understanding of the customer journey. Experience with data augmentation, lead routing, and lead scoring a plus.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. The salary range for this role is $109,000 to $210,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.