Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics & Operations at Funding Circle
Position at Funding Circle US
We want to help small business win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made for more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. We’ve helped small businesses get $11.7 billion in 116,000 loans to 81,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed $8 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within “Business Services”. The engine of Funding Circle - we keep FC running. Whatever the subject area, we turn dreams into reality and help small business win. Funding Circle Marketing drives growth, but not just Funding Circle’s. We connect small businesses with the funds they need to grow to help small businesses continue to play a vital role in the U.S. economy. We are ambitious and passionate about helping more small businesses.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for the vision for how the Marketing team captures data and how this data is used across the organization to drive the business forward. You will oversee Marketing Operations, the backbone of any successful marketing team, as well as Marketing Analytics, the source of tangible value. You are a marketing leader who is not only passionate about telling stories with data but has the technical prowess to architect how that data is collected and consumed. An ideal candidate will seek to use and expand the powerful role acquisition efforts play in bottom line profitability and own the roadmap for how to improve.
This role requires someone who's able to understand the nuances and use, rather than get bogged down by, the details to drive the grand vision. You enjoy structure and framework architecture but have the will and ability to dive into data to analyze performance. You understand that framing matters and drive the creation of views that accurately highlight what is working and what is not. You can prioritize projects based on resource constraints and business value, but will not let future success be the victim of the present. You are a fierce advocate for the untapped value Marketing data can drive and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
As the Senior Manager of Marketing Analytics and Operations you will be responsible for…
- Marketing Infrastructure:
- You will assist direct report(s) with and sometimes lead the development of new ETL processes to support internal reporting. This includes prioritizing requests with implementation teams.
- You will own the roadmap for leveraging Martech, including vetting new solutions/cutting edge technologies and crafting business cases/implementation plans. This includes liaising with cross-functional partners (both technical and business oriented) to execute vision.
- Develop and oversee implementation of robust infrastructure that includes data capture and utilization, covering how we digest/store/use data from vendors/platforms/partners/internal sources in an automated and scalable fashion. This includes liaising with implementation teams and self-implementing to accomplish.
- You will serve as the SME for all things Marketing data related (including web interactions) and surface business impacts as it relates to product changes
- Marketing Reporting:
- You will oversee spend reporting and lead the relationship with finance/accounting to set budgets and track progress against them
- You will create reporting tools and oversee their maintenance to support the democratization of data and improve speed to insights
- You will oversee and personally craft the narratives for Marketing’s performance and be the SME on this topic.
- You will own the attribution framework to ensure we are properly valuing initiatives and create multiple sources of truth to meet varying needs
- Foster a data driven culture by democratizing data and applying your passion for telling stories with data through visualizations and reports.
- You will own spend reporting framework: ensure alignment with business objectives and enable wider organization to leverage for profitability optimization
- You will own the marketing budgeting/forecasting process, ensuring goals are measurable/attainable and understood by Marketing team
- You will continuously question processes and refine, rebuild, and create reports to serve existing and future needs with a focus on surfacing insights.
- Marketing Analytics
- You will assist channel managers in analyzing campaign performance with consideration of efficiency and conversion through underwritten funnel.
- You will conduct and oversee ad-hoc analysis to dig into performance and answer marketing related questions for key stakeholders including Risk
- Foster a data-driven, test-and-learn culture and design channel/initiative specific framework that democratizes data and speeds time to insight
- You will hold channel manager’s/initiative leads accountable for performance through creation/monitoring of KPIs and ensure team is operating within budgets
- You will constantly innovate on measurement framework to make spend allocation and campaign optimization decisions
- 10+ years of data analytics experience, at least 2 of which are in creating and implementing reporting tools using visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI, etc.). 3+ years of management experience
- Familiarity with forecasting processes and comfort with profitability metrics (ROI, C:I, etc.)
- An understanding of the digital and offline marketing landscape and management/measurement tools. Advanced proficiency with Excel and data evaluation skills.
- Deep comfort with SQL and prior experience mentoring/coaching others
- Attention to detail and the ability to understand and overcome the nuances of marketing programs and digital/offline tracking
- Bias towards action. You are proactively probing data, highlighting improvements and pushing the business forward.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and a curious nature. You will become the SME on a tool you have never used before. Be open, flexible, and eager to expand your skill set.
- Very detail and process-oriented with a drive to improve whatever you touch. A view that the current way does not mean it is right, based on a philosophy that done is better than perfect but scale isn’t possible on a flimsy foundation.
- Experience in Tableau
- Experience with website analytics, pixels, and tag management tools (Google Tag Manager, etc) and exposure to engineering component
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.