The Senior Manager of Ad Operations will play an integral leadership role at Metric Theory leading the AdOps team as part of our Programmatic & Media unit. The P&M team helps to develop, and execute, media plans spanning both programmatic and direct partnerships. Within this team we facilitate buying both programmatically and via direct partnerships across ad various mediums such as CTV, display, native, video & more. As a Senior Manager over AdOps you are responsible for acting as a team expert on all technical and trafficking requirements across our ad tech stack. You will assist in building a team of AdOps strategists who will execute all upfront tracking, tagging, building within DCM, and trafficking.
You have a variety of experiences in the Programmatic & Media space spanning various client types, DSP experience, and ad type understanding. You have experience leading an early-stage high growth team and a keen understanding of internal processes necessary to scale. You have a strong skill set in data analysis and problem solving with the ability to actively troubleshoot and escalate unique issues. You’re deeply familiar with GTM and have significant experience implementing Floodlights, Pixels, and leading tagging strategy. You should feel comfortable leading, mentoring, and training a team of junior AdOps individuals.
- Act as the Team expert on all technical and trafficking requirements across our ad tech stack – ad serving, programmatic buying, dynamic creative, attribution, etc.
- Create and execute ad operations workflow from client on-board through campaign launch – and strive to improve efficiency
- Work closely with account teams to determine tagging strategy. Guide Ad Ops team on all upfront tracking and tagging implementation within GTM. Strong understanding of Floodlights, Pixels, Tagging etc.
- Work with the team to ensure data collection and proper performance tracking is in place – triage and solve technical issues within campaigns
- Guide team members on the creation of campaigns within ad servers & programmatic platforms based on approved specs – QA & troubleshoot pre- and post-campaign launch
- Act as a primary liaison with client engineering/IT team, platform reps, publisher ad ops, and delivery teams
- Assist Account Managers with creation of reporting
- Manage a small Ad Ops team and help to facilitate a positive and productive work environment. Mentor individuals and create career growth plans
- 3-4+ years of experience in digital media and Ad Operations with an emphasis on programmatic display, native, video, CTV, and audio
- Experience working with at least two of the following: DCM, DV360, The Trade Desk, Amazon DSP, StackAdapt, Simplifi, or Quantcast
- Extensive experience working with a tag manager tool
- Very high attention to detail and ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information
- 1+ year of direct people management experience
- Hands on experience in Google Tag Manager & DoubleClick Campaign Manager
- An understanding of the leading Direct Media Publications and DSPs in the market
- A strong POV on how data deprecation will change the Programmatic & Media landscape
- A general understanding of Search and Social digital media tactics
- Understanding of analytic platforms such as Google Analytics
- This role is exempt
- Base Salary: $75,000 to $90,000
- Target annualized cash bonus: $10,000
- Target total cash: $85,000 to $100,000
Metric Theory is one of the fastest growing digital marketing agencies headquartered in the Bay Area, with offices across the country. Founded in 2012 as a team of six, MT has grown into a 200+ company and a respected competitor in our industry (see awards below). In January 2021, Metric Theory merged with Media.Monks in order to expand our services offering and increase our visibility in the advertising space. We are committed to empowering employees and promoting self-awareness, teamwork, empathy, and proactiveness throughout our organization.
Most Recent Notable Awards:
• Built In Best Places to Work in San Francisco, Denver and New York in 2021
• US Search Awards Agency of the Year in 2020
• Digiday Worklife Award for "Most Dedicated to Employee Growth" in 2020
• Search Engine Land Agency of The Year in 2019
• Digiday Worklife Award in 2019
• Adweek 100: Fastest Growing Agencies in 2019
• Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019
• Inc. Best Workplaces 2017, 2018 and 2019
• Denver Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2017-2021
• #7 in Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures 2018
Why We’re Frequently Ranked a Best Place to Work:
• Tireless focus on culture, values and inclusion that unites everyone around common goals and shared principles
• Openness to new ideas that affords employees the opportunity to make a difference on day 1
• Frequent 360-degree feedback that pushes everyone to get better together
• Universal eagerness to help each other without the expectation of anything in return
• Conscious focus on learning & professional development at all levels of the organization
• Unlimited paid time off, sick days, and 14 company-wide holidays including Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, New Years Eve & Day, Juneteenth, and International Women's Day (to name a few)
• Unlimited opportunity to work from home or in a fully remote work setting, we also have offices nationwide for a full time or hybrid work model
• Fully covered medical, dental & vision coverage for you and your family; family planning assistance; 16 weeks fully paid parental leave for both parents
• 401(k) company contribution; monthly wifi stipend; work from home stipend; pet insurance; Talkspace and Headspace memberships, and more!