Senior Digital Strategist at Granicus LLC
Granicus provides technology and services that empower government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry's leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, and digital services to more than 4,200 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Granicus products connect more than 250 million people, creating a powerful network to enhance civic engagement. By optimizing decision-making processes, Granicus strives to help government see better outcomes and a greater impact for the people they serve.
The Granicus Experience Group (GXG) is our in-house digital agency, a cross-functional team of strategists, analysts, communicators and Granicus technology experts. We leverage best-in-class human-centered practices and a design-thinking approach to help our nonpartisan federal, state and local government clients better connect with the people they serve. We discover better insights, build better experiences, and achieve better outcomes.
GXG takes a consultative, collaborative approach to helping our clients maximize the value they get out of the Granicus platform and develop strategic, human-centered experiences that inform, educate and compel people to take action.
The opportunities to make a difference while developing strategies for the public sector are limitless. Your role will require you to create new ideas, work directly with our government clients to flesh out these ideas, and help bring these ideas to reality. Our projects are typically long-term engagements completed in collaboration with Granicus and client professionals.
Our senior strategists apply a human-centered approach to digital experience planning, using empathy, data and insights to design blueprints to nurture the connection between people and government. Our senior strategists serve as both project and strategy leads. They must analyze the current state of our clients' customer experience, then map an idealized journey to meet our clients' goals and inspire new approaches.
Senior digital strategists lead discovery activities to understand our clients' audiences and their overall goals. They conduct individual interviews, facilitate workshops, and review content or data to glean insights, then develop actionable plans for enhanced digital experiences, including personas, customer journeys, messaging frameworks and more. Our strategists collaborate closely with our content and data teams to evaluate the effectiveness of our plans over time.
Strong candidates will have a proven track record of developing comprehensive digital strategies for clients, preferably for government. Candidates will have experience facilitating discovery sessions, analyzing data to inform strategies, and leading large-scale or program-level projects for clients. Candidates will be experts in email and social media communications, as well as community engagement and management. Candidates must have a desire to be part of a data-driven, client-focused, fast-paced team that loves the mission of improving the citizen experience and providing world-class service to government clients.
Projects range from assessing the effectiveness of a rural county's digital communications initiative, to driving awareness-to-action of a state-wide social services initiative, to growing a large federal agency's digital audience in a short timeframe, to managing the largest online community to advance national preparedness and resilience. The position reports to the Director of the Granicus Experience Group.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as team lead for complex and comprehensive multichannel strategy projects for public sector clients, including complete management of project scope, timeline and requirements
- Direct supervisor for one or two associate strategists, guiding them in their skills development and providing oversight and feedback on their deliverables
- Provide expertise as a trusted adviser to clients, and closely collaborate with internal team members and contractors.
- Lead discovery and planning functions, including stakeholder and audience interviews, content audits and assessments, and overall current state analysis, using data and experience to discover insights, then translate those insights into actionable plans, including personas, customer journeys, messaging frameworks and more.
- Act as a primary client feedback conduit to the Director of GXG and maintain proactive approaches to executing client initiatives, anticipating client needs and keenly guiding decisions based on data and best practices.
- Continuously demonstrate a polished, professional relationship with colleagues and clients by being organized, prepared and proactive.
- Have an authentic and polished presence at all times.
- Support and consult Federal/State/Local Sales and Client Success Consultant teams in endeavors to pursue Granicus Experience Group opportunities.
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of consulting or digital strategy, preferably in a digital/social media company serving government or at a government agency.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, workshop facilitation skills, and cross-functional leadership skills in a heavy client-facing capacity
- Proven experience digesting data and deriving insights that lead to actionable recommendations, then applying intuition and experience to complement data
- Understand and use digital tools, technologies and trends, then leverage those for client success, including research and discovery efforts
- Strategic thinker with the ability to exercise independence, autonomy, and sound judgment in making account recommendations and decisions. Skillfully enlist internal stakeholders to help navigate client relationships
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and to work well under pressure
- Consistently manage, perform and scope against simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and/or enthusiasm for working with government. Passionate about public service, citizen engagement and all things digital
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating strong personal initiative and on-time delivery of project tasks and deliverables.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of government news, as well as digital communications and industry developments that apply to the position and responsibilities.
- Be hungry and passionate, have a collaborative spirit and be committed to making a difference with communications and collaboration.
*Starting rate may vary depending on location and/or experience*