SEM Director at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Angi’s cutting edge performance marketing team is on a mission to help people love where they live. Our team works together to drive business growth and positive contribution margin by acquiring new customers and maximizing yield and revenue from paid marketing channels. The team has leadership visibility, 8-figure budgets, dedicated support from Google and Bing, and wide-open opportunities for growth. We are looking for analytical leaders and SEM experts to grow our campaigns.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for an experienced performance marketing leader with strong analytical skills, business acumen, and a deep understanding of Search Marketing to join our performance marketing team focused on Google Adwords. Paid search advertising is our largest single marketing investment. While nurturing and growing a group of marketers, you’ll lead & work to optimize portfolio operations of an 8-figure monthly SEM budget in order to drive marketplace growth. You’ll be a hands-on leader, contributing both through your leadership of the team as well as through contributing to projects. Specifically, you will:
- Lead and manage a team of SEM marketing managers and oversee portfolio expansion and optimization using Angi’s internal marketing stack while being accountable to profit targets.
- Manage portfolios of search marketing campaigns, as well as cross portfolio initiatives, across multiple verticals and geos in Google Adwords.
- Allocate team resources to meet objectives. Make decisions about who is best equipped to solve problems and delegate projects accordingly.
- Develop and implement strategies for, but not limited to, portfolio organization, keyword expansion, ad copy testing and continuous optimization of ROAS targets to meet and exceed KPIs.
- Deliver reporting, insights, and forecasts that accurately measures channel performance on a daily, monthly and annual basis.
- Collaborate with other teams, including Product and Engineering, to refine our internal marketing tech stack to drive increased program scale and efficiency of operations.
- Prioritize initiatives based on data-driven opportunity assessments.
- Mentor junior team members. Help team members become more proficient in their marketing skills as well as their understanding of Angi’s SEM business.
- Create a culture of transparency through communication and cross team collaboration.
Who you are:
- 7-10 years of experience in using Google Adwords or Bing Ads with 1,000,000+ keyword portfolios and 7-8 figure monthly search budgets, ideally in a marketplace setting.
- Experience managing a team of search marketing professionals.
- Deep understanding of search bidding strategies including tCPA & tROAS
- Exceptional analytical capabilities and the ability to turn trends into actionable insights and hypothesis
- Advanced proficiency with Excel is a must. Ability to use SQL is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computer science, etc.)
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills (e.g., coordinating, building consensus, influencing without authority, listening, being open to other perspectives)
- Passion for hands-on contribution as well as team management
- Strong oral and written communication
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $130,000 - $185,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world