Marketing Manager - PGx/Wellness at Invitae
Marketing Manager - PGx/Wellness
Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic testing company driven by the mission to expand access to high-quality, comprehensive, low-cost genetic testing in order to lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes for billions of people.
To help realize our mission we’re looking for a Marketing Manager to lead our clinician-facing efforts to promote our PGx/Wellness offering. This role is responsible for driving adoption and consistent utilization of Invitae’s genetic testing for all who can benefit from pharmacogenomics and proactive genetic testing in a clinical setting. The ideal teammate has experience targeting primary care providers, psychiatrists, physicians assistants, and their teams.
You’re a rockstar marketer who knows how to turn insight into action and connect with customers on their level. You’re adept at working in a regulated environment and can understand and translate complex scientific information. You’re deeply curious and love to problem solve. Rolling up your sleeves comes naturally - as does strategic thinking. You value transparency, collaboration and are solution-focused. You thrive leading in a fast-paced environment and get excited about tackling tough challenges in a highly mission-driven company. Most importantly, you have a passion for improving patients’ lives.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute approaches and initiatives that drive adoption of Invitae’s PGx/Wellness offering, ultimately changing standard of care so that genomics plays a critical role in the care of patients who can benefit
- Own, develop, execute and measure the marketing plan
- Know the customer (including key influencers; e.g. nurse, etc) and the market landscape inside and out. Define audience segments and work in service of them.
- Define strategies and tactics based on customer insights as well as market and competitive developments (pivot as needed based on customer needs and/or market and/or competitive events).
- Define and maintain accountability for key performance indicators, including but not limited to monthly business performance (volume), customer acquisition, relevant marketing metrics, etc.
- Expert in Salesforce, Tableau and other relevant tools; this includes development and publication of email journeys, list development and management, setting up reporting, tracking activity, etc. Work in collaboration with key marketing partners to ensure flawless execution.
- Expert in Invitae product offerings and services (and future/roadmaps) and able to effectively position the appropriate product or service based on customer needs.
- Develop concepts and promotional materials. Manage all associated reviews. This includes development of briefs, collaboration with creative services team, sales, medical, legal, product and agency partners as applicable. Responsible for reconciliation and pull-through of comments.
- Sharpen positioning, messaging and value proposition in partnership with cross-functional teammates; develop core claims documents in partnership with medical and sales and manage pull-through/updating of materials
- Develop and maintain sales enablement materials; including pulling through updates as data evolve, retiring materials, etc.
- Manage projects and budgets (as relevant). This includes completing work plans, engaging the relevant teammates in reviews (with ample notice), coordinating within and across clusters as well as with other cross-functional teams.
- Active and engaged member of the marketing team, collaborate and share with teammates in other clusters including business development and international.
- Effectively prioritize resource (internal vs. external), guide and direct agency and creative services teammates
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience in clinical marketing for primary care providers, psychologists, and/or product/brand management. Experience with genetics/PGx preferred.
- Proven track record of success executing clinical marketing plans
- Demonstrated experience building and executing multichannel marketing plans
- Curiosity, humility, and an interest in building something new.
- Leadership and do-ership. You can write the plan. And execute it.
- Recognized team player. You know that it takes a village. And how to rally the village.
- The ability to say: I don’t know but am excited to figure it out/try.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.